Challenger isle/ An oppurtunity

typheuswolf

For Challenger Isle expansion pass  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Should the devs look into making this real?

• Yes
    • No

Question

Pokemmo has everything i have wanted from the franchise. it has given me an immersive and fun experience, reviving my love for both MMO and Pokémon. All the social aspects of the game only ever enhance the experiance, from the player driven market, to the teams function. 

but what if it could be...more? what if teams, which are really just clans , clubs, or guilds, what if they all had a place to call home?

I present Challenger Isle.  a chain of islands, with a spot of hot juicy real estate...your own gym. 

gym leaders and their followers would of course pay, maybe a subscription, to have and hold their own gym buildings on their own personal piece of land.  As long as the gyms pay out, they get to be part of a league ran by the devs, or a private league ran by players. 

and once players beat all the gyms, ( every leader can make up battle conditions for their gym entirely. max typing to only two types. max number of members that can answer the challenge, to maybe four or five? doubles, singles, items or not, number of pokemon, etc,.) the player has to face the elite four, comprised entirely by previous champions. of course, E4 battles can only be held at certain times of the month, that way Elites have a chance to defend their titles, and challengers can have the oppurtunity to face them. 

Or  because maybe that system is too complex and requires everytime to somewhere sometime specifically, we can instead- all who qualify for the league tourney ( all who have beaten a league's gyms) sign up for a league tournament, and face each other. the final will be the last champ vs challenger. i believe there should be substantial rewards. prize money ( like 100,000 pokeyen/rp points/ item/pokemon). 

whats in it for the gyms and its members? Players who want to challenge a certain league, private or public, will be asked to pay a wage ( in pokeyen or rp) or maybe have a battle pass system or subscription. ( battle pass system sounds great for this. progression in battle pass can unlock items, small money prizes, etc,. RP that could be paid to a challenger or defender of a gym, tournament placement or champ title. )

this immersive and competitive platform I believe will be both fun and financially beneficial to both the dev team, and players. Players will be more motivated to join social groups and participate in a league for a new experience and bragging rights. they will play more, in an attempt to earn RP, to challenge the same league or a different one next season, via buying another battle pass. Players may feel more inclined to play more for certain rewards rather than outright spend money for them. I've experienced something similar with CODs warzone battle pass system. which was somewhat fair, for two seasons i only paid once because it had earned enough points in the first to pay for the second, after spending hundreds of hours. i think that was justified though, i worked for those rewards and i got them. of course, there will always be slip-ups, i came short a few times and still paid for three more seasons. 

Of course i understand this is a lot. you devs, have alot on your plate, and are limited to what the roms give you. however, i do believe its worth looking into. at some point i think this might be a good project to invest in to fill in time between new gen additions. it would be a crazy new feature, and maybe with a social media expansion within the interface, making it easier to communicate, organize events within teams/clans/guilds, ( or even a league section for chat) pokemmo will feel more comforting. 

Also it would be cool, to be able to customize gym/clan/guild buildings per group, or even the island entirely. maybe have like multiple floors, separate rooms for members, a private pokemon center, a gym run shop, and  maybe their own daycare. what would be sick, is if teams/gyms, could change the island and where their building is located in it. have like a small dungeon to go through. like a gym at the end of a cave, or top of a mountain, or underwater, or even at the edge of a forest. of course i believe in getting a default gym island with a one time substantial purchase, and having extra stuff would mean more fees in $, or RP. 

kinda like how ESO, where you can buy a guild hall/ home, and have a bunch of extra things like npcs and decor. 

i just loved the idea and wanted to share. to be waiting as a gym leader, or champ, and have a battle with a challenger just seems so cool. or even just chilling in the gym lounge room with my friends, with maybe a voice chat function sounds fun. sounds like embracing the mmorpg aspect entirely. 

not pushing for it, just was curious, and thought of it, and wanted to share. feel free to tell me what you guys, the devs think.

Edited by typheuswolf

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet