How does this team sound?

I can't give you a complete picture of the team without knowing the movements and roles of each of your mons, but with the naked eye I can see that:

- You don't have something immune to Volt Switch, so your matches against Volt-Turn teams will be completely comfortable for your opponents.

- I don't see that you have anything capable of stopping Gallade (Cofagrigus doesn't really stop it, it's a check)

- Certain mons used in the tier make you difficult (Dragonite + Lum berry to give an example)

- You don't have a really good wallbreaker (unless Ttar is cb)

- Some cores make your life too complicated (Shao + Guss, Gallade + Dark type, etc)

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/19/2023 at 2:12 AM, DiosSlurpuff said:

I can't give you a complete picture of the team without knowing the movements and roles of each of your mons, but with the naked eye I can see that:

- You don't have something immune to Volt Switch, so your matches against Volt-Turn teams will be completely comfortable for your opponents.

- I don't see that you have anything capable of stopping Gallade (Cofagrigus doesn't really stop it, it's a check)

- Certain mons used in the tier make you difficult (Dragonite + Lum berry to give an example)

- You don't have a really good wallbreaker (unless Ttar is cb)

- Some cores make your life too complicated (Shao + Guss, Gallade + Dark type, etc)

* Volt switch can still trigger with Arena Trap or Block or Mean Look so virtually useless to counter unless you quickly dispose it.

* I have an unorthodox plan to defeat Gallade and other sweepers.

* Mienshao is really a bane so I have to adjust for that.

Edited by Gengarcello
16 hours ago, Gengarcello said:

* Volt switch can still trigger with Arena Trap or Block or Mean Look so virtually useless to counter unless you quickly dispose it

I don't see any Dugtrio out there to use Arena Trap, which can't stop the most used volt switch, Rotom, anyway. Since having Levitate as an ability, it can escape from Dugtrio.

Regarding Mean Look, from BW it does not affect Volt Switch, I do not know if it is the same here because it is practically not used.

In any case, the danger of volt switches is the momentum they generate, so I insist, it is important to have a ground type to stop this type of strategy (VoltTurn teams).

Regarding Gallade, they will ban him, so for the moment it is not necessary to have him controlled. We'll see if they give him a nerf or simply remove Sharpness.

5 hours ago, DiosSlurpuff said:

I don't see any Dugtrio out there to use Arena Trap, which can't stop the most used volt switch, Rotom, anyway. Since having Levitate as an ability, it can escape from Dugtrio.

Regarding Mean Look, from BW it does not affect Volt Switch, I do not know if it is the same here because it is practically not used.

In any case, the danger of volt switches is the momentum they generate, so I insist, it is important to have a ground type to stop this type of strategy (VoltTurn teams).

Regarding Gallade, they will ban him, so for the moment it is not necessary to have him controlled. We'll see if they give him a nerf or simply remove Sharpness.

how about the good counter of volt switch?

Tyranitar is also ground but still affects Vswitch

Edited by Gengarcello
1 hour ago, Gengarcello said:

how about the good counter of volt switch?

Tyranitar is also ground but still affects Vswitch

Tyranitar is Dark-Rock type, not Ground, VoltSwitch hits it normally.

Volt Switch's ''Counter'' is all those Pokémon immune to this movement, so Garchomp, Gliscor, Excadrill, etc., are blockers of this movement.

(By counting in this case, we understand that its role is simply to annoy so that it cannot comfortably execute the movement, but special care must be taken of Hydro-Pump Rotom, so it is not a direct count of the Pokémon, only of the strategy and the momentum it generates)