Rooted Android Devices

Hello,

I just read through the Code of Conduct and I did not see anything mentioned specifically about rooted Android devices. I did a small amount of searching on the forums and found a few results about themes in relation to rooted Android devices, but that is it. Does anybody (ideally an administrator, moderator, etc.) know if PokeMMO is allowed to be played on a rooted Android device? The device I would prefer to have PokeMMO on would be rooted, otherwise if it is not allowed, I can just set it up on a different, non-rooted device.

Thanks,

CJH

Hello! It is perfectly fine to play on rooted Android devices as long as you're not violating any rules such as modifying the game's files in any way or running prohibited 3rd party software.

As of themes, mobile versions of the game do not support them and it is not allowed to modify the client in order to use custom ones anymore. This doesn't apply to the PC versions as custom themes are officially supported.

Hope this clears things out!

Regarding the third-party software, would Magisk be considered third-party software? I would be using Magisk to manage root access, etc. I found a post on the PokeMMO subreddit describing a roughly similar setup and also the situation I would like to avoid, which would be receiving a ban for unauthorized and/or third-party software despite not wanting to use the software to interact with PokeMMO or violate any rules. Do you happen to know if having PokeMMO and Magisk installed and simply coexisting on the same device is permitted, or would it be easier and less of a risk to just stick with playing on PC and/or a non-rooted Android device?

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 7/8/2023 at 7:59 AM, BrokenBulb said:

Hello! It is perfectly fine to play on rooted Android devices as long as you're not violating any rules such as modifying the game's files in any way or running prohibited 3rd party software.

As of themes, mobile versions of the game do not support them and it is not allowed to modify the client in order to use custom ones anymore. This doesn't apply to the PC versions as custom themes are officially supported.

Hope this clears things out!

I'm sorry to bother you with a question but I'm hardly find an answer about this in the forum and I thinks if you can answer it should be great...

"We're not allow to replace some PNG files in Android.. this is just allowed to PC users?? if I would like to just create a theme in Android replacing some pics in the RES folder.. Am I not allowed to do that??? if is not.. There is any way that we can create MOD for theme to avoid the tedious process of replace file to create a theme.. and lost it after every update??? 

I would greatly appreciate your response!