Suggestion for more fair GTL distribution

Jazcash

Question

The GTL is great, and I love the concept of it being a free market, but I'd like to see an improvement to the refresh/buy spam that is less likely to give me RSI. Currently, I setup my filters in a way that anything that appears I want to buy as quick as possible. I do this by clicking refresh once to give it focus, and then I can use space/enter with my left hand to spam it easily. I keep my cursor over where the buy button will appear and then it's just a matter of doing that for however long I have patience for. This has given me some great flips, but the majority of the time someone else gets it before me, so I imagine many other people are doing this too.

I'm no Ninjask, but my reaction time is better than average, and I couldn't shake the gut feeling that some people are using simple macros or scripts to speed up this process, as I'm sure it probably wouldn't be too hard to do. A quick search proved these things exist and people are using them, which is disheartening to now know.

To combat this, I thought of two possible solutions:

1. Auto-buy button. If custom filters are setup, you check a box that says "Autobuy", which then displays a confirmation if checked: "Are you sure you wish to enable Autobuy? This will automatically buy all of the entries matching your filters until there are no more entries or you run out of money". Self-explanatory.
  2. Delay + random distribution on purchases. When an entry is put up for sale, a pool of buyers exists for 3-5 seconds. Anybody that presses buy within that time will be added to the buyer pool. When the time expires, a random buyer is picked from the pool and the item goes to that person.

The Autobuy option would perhaps be unfair due to server latency being better for people closer to the server, but I'd argue that's already somewhat the case currently. Milliseconds definitely matter.

1 answer to this question

I do think the 2nd option is far more realistic, but an option to create a listing for things you want to buy could be a nice middle ground. Should something be posted within the parameters you set for the items/pokemon needed, you will automatically purchase it.

While this probably would be similar to what the 3rd party programs do, it would at least give all players the option, and ultimately allow for faster sales.