[GUI] (PC) Better Icons Resource

Hey there, as you might know, I've been working on a whole bunch of themes in the style of each game available through PokeMMO, and one problem I keep running into is how strange Icons such as types, chat, shiny, particles, and more look especially when paired with the official games art styles. Sadly, these icons can't be changed through themes, so I felt a bit out of luck for a while. Luckily, thanks to DaniKH's question and Budadeth's answer, I realized that just a single image file needed replacing to make these changes. With this in mind, I kept every change minimal, preserving the looks of each icon while just making them cleaner overall. While this is made primarily to benefit my themes, it works perfectly with the default and every other creator's theme I tried. I'll leave an attached image of both the original and my version for you to compare the two, though it's hard to see some differences due to being mere pixels worth of change.

Download:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1TGQCVyUpmHx22w8MVsjOomeyMi4Fy-mm?usp=sharing

Instructions:

1. Download from the link
  2. Drop the zip into your PokeMMO>data folder
  3. Right-click and click "Extract Here"
  4. Allow replacing the main.img file
  5. Delete the zip folder
  6. Reload the game and enjoy!

Original:

image.thumb.png.afb0552cd302616a996c259e3c1df8fb.png

My Version:

image.thumb.png.7c6e9384d22c24fa631c5963a2500fe6.png

My Game Inspired Themes:

FRLG

Emerald

HGSS

Platinum
Black & White

Edited by Zionox
4 hours ago, Zionox said:

Hey there, as you might know, I've been working on a whole bunch of themes in the style of each game available through PokeMMO, and one problem I keep running into is how strange Icons such as types, chat, shiny, particles, and more look especially when paired with the official games art styles. Sadly, these icons can't be changed through themes, so I felt a bit out of luck for a while. Luckily, thanks to DaniKH's question and Budadeth's answer, I realized that just a single image file needed replacing to make these changes. With this in mind, I kept every change minimal, preserving the looks of each icon while just making them cleaner overall. While this is made primarily to benefit my themes, it works perfectly with the default and every other creator's theme I tried. I'll leave an attached image of both the original and my version for you to compare the two, though it's hard to see some differences due to being mere pixels worth of change.

Download:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/12Qac5b2rquzheXwczrcUESTAl2O_Xgwo?usp=sharing

Instructions:

1. Download from the link
  2. Drop the zip into your PokeMMO>data folder
  3. Right-click and click "Extract Here"
  4. Allow replacing the main.img file
  5. Delete the zip folder
  6. Reload the game and enjoy!

Original:

image.thumb.png.afb0552cd302616a996c259e3c1df8fb.png

My Version:

image.thumb.png.7c6e9384d22c24fa631c5963a2500fe6.png

My Game Inspired Themes:

FRLG

Emerald

HGSS

Platinum
Black & White

very cool resource

Great job! It's very unfortunate that these icons are separate from themes, cause they used to be theme-specific actually. Since they switched to this "one file" format, it's been even harder to maintain theme updates, especially cause a lot of users don't even notice that it's possible to replace these icons.

• 3 months later...