Interface Usability in PokeMMO

MisakiMei

Question

Hello everyone,

I've noticed a few areas where the Pokédex functionality could be enhanced for a better user experience. I believe these changes could make UI more intuitive and enjoyable for everyone. Here are my suggestions:

1. PvP Tier Visibility: Currently, when a player hasn't owned a Pokémon, they can't see its PvP tier in the Pokédex. However, they can filter Pokémons by PvP tiers. This inconsistency seems a bit counterintuitive. My suggestion is to allow players to view the PvP tier of a Pokémon in the Pokédex regardless of whether they've owned it.

2. Egg Group and Abilities Accessibility: Similar to the PvP tier issue, players cannot check a Pokémon's Egg Group in the Pokédex, but they can filter by Egg Groups on the Global Trade Link (GTL). Additionally, while players can view types, abilities, hidden abilities, and some moves on the GTL, these details are not accessible in the Pokédex. It would be more convenient if these informations were unlocked in the Pokédex by default, allowing players to check it directly rather than having to look it up in multiple places (web included) if they don't have finished Pokédex.

3. Persistent 'Return' Button: In the current Pokédex design, the 'Return' button is only visible on the first tab of a Pokémon's entry. It would be more user-friendly if this button was available at all times, so players don't have to navigate back to the first tab just to return to the previous screen.

4. Improved Navigation in PvP Statistics: In the PvP statistics section, players need to scroll down to find the 'Back to Overview' button. This could be made more accessible by making it visible at all times, saving time and enhancing the user experience.

5. Expansion of Hotkey Slots and Lock Feature: Many players, myself included, would benefit from having more than the current limit of 9 hotkey slots. For example, I own 12 ocarinas, and while not all need hotkeys, essential items like bikes, lures, repels, fishing rods, and sweet scent quickly fill up the available slots. Additionally, an option to lock hotkey slots would prevent accidental unbinding, which is a common issue I encounter, especially when using stuff like sweet scent with a mouse.

I believe these changes would make the Pokédex and related features more user-friendly, efficient and suited for MMO game. 

Thank you for your time and consideration!

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet