| 7 | Chance of shiny/legendary encounter in N attempts |

| 8 | Combat indicator |

| 9 | Combat Reported indicator |

| 10 | Single tracking indicator |

| 11 | Number of shinies |

| 12 | Number of legends |

| 13 | Command prompt |

https://github.com/Th3M4ttman/MATES/

Requires root and is somewhat of a security concern as all encounter trackers must be by necessity.

if that disappoints you make some noise here: https://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/topic/175662-make-encounter-trackers-less-invasive/

Videos:

Https://youtu.be/IkLZOhnaS2c

Https://youtu.be/GtdwyRFSZAA

Simple encounter tracker I slapped together in 3 days.

Entirely programmed for andro

id phones on an android phone.

## Important ##

The reason this needs root is because like all the other encounter trackers it works by taking captures of the screen. This is not usually possible on android because to capture the screen you must use the screenshot API which will only show content the app that requested the screenshot has rendered which is useless for this.

I solved this issue by using a command that's tucked away in the binaries of android "screencap" this returns an unadulterated screenshot but is only accessible via root.

The nature of this is somewhat of a security concern but these captures are immediately deleted after scanning for Pokémon.

These captures never leave your device but as a precaution I still wouldn't leave it capturing if anything other than pokemmo is on screen.

You can toggle capture by pressing enter with no command typed in.

PS this has only been tested on a single device so if it doesn't work right away be patient and write an issue on the issue tracker I'll try fix stuff as an when I'm made aware.

### I am not liable nor responsible if you brick your phone trying to root it! If you don't understand phone rooting then it's probably not a great idea to root your phone just for this. There are pros and cons to rooted android.

Requirements:

• rooted phone 
  • termux float
  • termux
  • tsu 
  • python
  • tesseract
  • pytesseract
  • opencv2

don't get your hopes up too high. this is janky and sometimes doesnt work. if you have an issue please leave a report on the github issues page

https://github.com/Th3M4ttman/MATES/issues

Installation:

pip install pymates

Edited by Th3M4ttman
Formatting
On 2/28/2024 at 8:43 PM, Th3M4ttman said:

## Important ##

The reason this needs root is because like all the other encounter trackers it works by taking captures of the screen. This is not usually possible on android because to capture the screen you must use the screenshot API which will only show content the app that requested the screenshot has rendered which is useless for this.

I solved this issue by using a command that's tucked away in the binaries of android "screencap" this returns an unadulterated screenshot but is only accessible via root.

The nature of this is somewhat of a security concern but these captures are immediately deleted after scanning for Pokémon.

Great job! Automatic android encounter counters are like one of the most commonly asked for mods. Needing root is unfortunate though cause it will scare most of the user base away.

Dunno if this helps but there is an app for pokemon go called poke genie which is able to take screenshots without needing root to read data off the screen similar to what an encounter counter does. Maybe looking into that app could give you hints on how to do it without root?

1 hour ago, realmadrid1809 said:

Great job! Automatic android encounter counters are like one of the most commonly asked for mods. Needing root is unfortunate though cause it will scare most of the user base away.

Dunno if this helps but there is an app for pokemon go called poke genie which is able to take screenshots without needing root to read data off the screen similar to what an encounter counter does. Maybe looking into that app could give you hints on how to do it without root?

Yeah I've tried to contact the Devs for that but got no reply as of yet. At the end of the day any use of screencapture is a security issue hence why I made the suggestion post for the mods to implement a log of some kind (smallest ask I could think of that would solve the problem at the root)