Type Wars: idea for a new game mode.

cmatteo28

Question

Hello everyone, I've come up with this idea for a new game mode that I would really love to see implemented in the game: Type Wars.

It all stems from my lifelong desire to one day have the chance in games to become the gym leader of your favorite type, although not feasible for a completely online game. So, here's my idea:

In the game, a map would be added with 19 cities, one for each type: the city of fire, water, grass, etc.

Upon first access, each player has the option to choose which city to start from, and can change factions later in the game. They will be assigned a starter based on their choice with random IVs (for example, if I choose the water city, I will be assigned a Psyduck).

All 19 cities will be identical (themed according to the chosen type), and you cannot visit other cities. Each city will have a Headquarters:

Headquarters: where each player can see their placement, receive missions, heal Pokémon, stock up on items, trade or sell captured Pokémon, etc.
Depending on their placement within the faction, for example, below 50% of the weekly placement, they're Grunts; from 49% to 10%, they're Lieutenants; from 9% to 1%, they're Bosses.

Every week, the server will declare the Type Wars: 10 types against 9 types (randomly or balanced, for example, Normal and Ghost will always be against), creating alliances and rivalries for the current week. Players who align with a faction can only use Pokémon of the chosen type (for example, for water, I can use a Water and Flying type like Gyarados, but not Pokémon of types other than water). Only Pokémon captured in this region can be used, and to give more value to Pokémon (more trading and farming), breeding is not available in this region.

How the war works and how points are earned for placement:
During the war week, the faction's internal placement determines the survival kit for the week. For example, for each mission:

Grunts: 5 Poké Balls, 2 Potions, 1 Revive
Lieutenants: 5 Great Balls, 2 Super Potions, 2 Revives
Bosses: 5 Ultra Balls, 2 Hyper Potions, 2 Max Revives
(These are just examples; they could be modified based on gameplay)
So, it's a good strategy for every player to choose the least populous faction to reach higher levels more easily.

After the survival kit is distributed, the player leaving the city gates will be teleported to a random Dungeon (forest, beach, cave, volcano, etc.) along with 3 allies and 4 rivals Player. Inside the Dungeon (lasting 20 minutes), you can find items, capture Pokémon, and defeat rivals to earn capture and battle points, which determine your score in the faction and the victory or defeat of the Type War (sum of points alliance 1 against sum of points alliance 2). There are no limits on matches during the week.

At the end of the week, points will be tallied (for example, based on captured Pokémon, battles won, rare items found, shiny Pokémon captured). The winning alliance of the war is entitled to prizes (for example, random Pokémon eggs with guaranteed IVs +10/15, battle items, etc.)

After a Type War concludes, players can switch factions for a day but start again as Grunts. Subsequently, another War will begin for another week.

What do you think? 😊

1 answer to this question