Seraph's Stars 🌟

waterseraph's Shiny Showcase!

image.png.7b2f4f77749664aa0db2a66f8dac52e3.png

Blue Shiny enthusiast and Gardevoir super-fan!

My ultimate goals are Secret Shiny Route 102 Male Gardevoir and Shiny Alpha Gardevoir!

OT Shinies: 4

dunsparce.gif  Angel · 6,500 encounters · 150hrs

gardevoir.gif Ciel · 64,415 encounters · 467hrs (+317hrs)

gliscor.gifMidnight· 24,472 encounters · 589hrs (+ 122hrs)

politoed.gif  Puddles · 14,260 encounters · 645hrs (+56hrs)

Current Target(s):

smeargle.gif Rene ♂/♀

To Hunt:

lopunny.gifsneasel.giffurret.gifwooper.gifjumpluff.gifmeowth.gifbreloom.gifdelcatty.gif

shedinja.giftogepi.gifaltaria.gifgorebyss.gifluvdisc.gifazumarill.gifteddiursa.gifphanpy.gif

corsola.gifvenomoth.gifgulpin.gifnidoking.gifcloyster.gifflygon.gifyanma.gif

banette.gifumbreon.gifgastly.gifwhimsicott.giflitwick.gifreuniclus.gifmetagross.gifmagnemite.gif

Edited by waterseraph
Posted (edited)

Compilation of already-caught Shinies:

Jan 31 2024; Angel

image.png

Spoiler

My very first shiny ever! I've always wanted a shiny Dunsparce. I played the main story in a bit of an odd way, starting every region except Johto and then finishing all of the E4's at once before tackling Johto. I usually avoid encounters altogether during MSQ, but I did EV train all of my parties for every region. Kanto was the first region whose E4 I finished, because I wanted to unlock Dunsparce for EV training on the off chance I got a shiny. After a bit of Ralts shunting on getting to Solaceon Town, maybe 640 encounters in, I went to EV train my Hoenn team on Dunsparce. I remember thinking "It would be so cool if I got a shiny", and my very first Sweet Scent, I hit it! Had to try very hard not to wake up my fiancee who was asleep on our phone call, haha 🙂

image.png.2d88cc9b7af0f290df7c29cfe52e0e97.png

Feb 28 2024; Ciel

image.png

Spoiler

This month-long hunt was absolutely demoralizing, but so worth it in the end. As my first real, dedicated hunt, I had very few funds available to me; half of this hunt was done without Donator Status, and I used a total of maybe 200 Leppa Berries, but I needed a shiny Gardevoir before doing literally anything else. As mentioned previously, I had been hunting before even getting Dunsparce! I kicked myself for switching over several times, but in the end, it paid off. I hit on a shiny charm from MrChooch while watching my fiancee play American Truck Simulator. I was barely paying attention, but I heard the unmistakable noise of a shiny, prepared to see a Bibarel... and instead saw this female Ralts!!! I was so ecstatic that I screamed, very loud. I've never had a shiny Ralts before despite hunting in every game since XY, and I'm so glad to finally have one to call my own. Thanks also to my closest friends on Discord and my fiancee for keeping my morale up, and to StormCee for encouraging me the whole way and providing many, many fruitless shiny charms, haha!

image.thumb.png.1843524b4c9944a3c1795f8fc00cdebf.png

March 12 2024; Midnight

image.png

Spoiler

This one was completely unexpected, especially after such a long grind for Ralts! Once I hit Ralts, I took a break from shunting to complete my OT Dex. The Dex itself took me about 17k encounters, and I decided I would go for the roaming legendaries, as well as hunt for shiny Poliwag on the side, when I felt like it. On one of those breaks from hunting Poliwag, I went to hunt Raikou on Route 45, and landed this completely randomly! My first single-encounter shiny! And one that I've always wanted as well! With an Adamant nature, I feel extremely lucky not to have Phased so far, and to have gotten such great IVs and Natures on all my catches! ❤️

image.png.e04d9e08e131c703f32ee129b4df2650.png

Edited by waterseraph
Posted (edited)

My fastest hunt yet at only 56 hours! Timid + 31SpA, and with Damp to boot, exactly what I wanted 🙂

image.png.737a7a7c347e18e9bebfaace83d7cc6d.png

Battle pic under the cut! And thanks to AkitoMirai for the sharm! ❤️

Spoiler

image.png.bc4a001ac624b71328c37298fae60123.png

Edited by waterseraph