How to make coordinates mod for PokeMMO?

Hello, I am trying to make a mod that shows your coordinates in the overworld. I am new to coding and I want to make this mod to learn how. I checked the doc posted here about how to make a mod, but there was nothing mentioned about creating something like this. The main thing I am stuck on right now is how I would get the coordinates from the game. Can anyone help me do that?

4 hours ago, Pancho412 said:

there is a command that show you your ubication in coordinates. Is /loc.

Yea, but the problem is he wants an mod that let the coords through public view all the time(Could be the resource in the future to do Proximity-voice Mods. ) There is no way to constantly checking this info except for a software which spamms /loc in the chat, but it's against the rules(It's an automation). 

5 hours ago, Figured said:

Hello, I am trying to make a mod that shows your coordinates in the overworld. I am new to coding and I want to make this mod to learn how. I checked the doc posted here about how to make a mod, but there was nothing mentioned about creating something like this. The main thing I am stuck on right now is how I would get the coordinates from the game. Can anyone help me do that?

I think the way is putting a software to constantly take prints of your screens like Encounter Counter does. It's fine since you aren't automating anything in-game. Next, you want to determine an coordinate for each tile. From that you must determine an 0,0 point, and then which tile corresponds to which coordinates. The prints enters now, with the software founding the tile you're currently on and determining your coordinates that way. The biggest challenge will be Unova however, since on all other regions each tile is an Square, on Unova not necessarily, and also there is different angles for a camera. For Unova i think the best would be making a grid to showcase the tiles in a plant view, then you can make the system track the time you hold a keyboard/number of presses and move your tile in the map accordingly. The prints would be used to check when you switch places via transition.

Edited by caioxlive13
23 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Yea, but the problem is he wants an mod that let the coords through public view all the time(Could be the resource in the future to do Proximity-voice Mods. ) There is no way to constantly checking this info except for a software which spamms /loc in the chat, but it's against the rules(It's an automation). 

I think the way is putting a software to constantly take prints of your screens like Encounter Counter does. It's fine since you aren't automating anything in-game. Next, you want to determine an coordinate for each tile. From that you must determine an 0,0 point, and then which tile corresponds to which coordinates. The prints enters now, with the software founding the tile you're currently on and determining your coordinates that way. The biggest challenge will be Unova however, since on all other regions each tile is an Square, on Unova not necessarily, and also there is different angles for a camera. For Unova i think the best would be making a grid to showcase the tiles in a plant view, then you can make the system track the time you hold a keyboard/number of presses and move your tile in the map accordingly. The prints would be used to check when you switch places via transition.

Would it be possible to get access to the player's position in the entire map? Instead of a screenshot of just what the player sees, it would be a screenshot of the player inside of the current zone/all loaded zones (the one they are in)

Just now, Figured said:

Would it be possible to get access to the player's position in the entire map? Instead of a screenshot of just what the player sees, it would be a screenshot of the player inside of the current zone/all loaded zones (the one they are in)

You can use like i said. Divide the entire world into Tiles, then the Screenshot will be used to determine in which tile you're in. But you need to build an entire map and determine the tiles. 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

You can use like i said. Divide the entire world into Tiles, then the Screenshot will be used to determine in which tile you're in. But you need to build an entire map and determine the tiles. 

I feel like it would be easier to get a screenshot of the entire zone the user is currently in? Would that be possible? If I did that, I wouldn't have to check if the screenshot matches any zones.

Edited by Figured
On 13/4/2024 at 13:02, caioxlive13 said:

Sí, pero el problema es que quiere un mod que permita que las coordenadas estén a la vista del público todo el tiempo (podría ser el recurso en el futuro para hacer mods de voz de proximidad). No hay forma de verificar constantemente esta información, excepto por un software que spam /loc en el chat, pero va en contra de las reglas (es una automatización). 

Creo que la manera es poner un software que tome impresiones constantemente de tus pantallas como lo hace Encounter Counter. Está bien ya que no estás automatizando nada en el juego. A continuación, desea determinar una coordenada para cada mosaico. A partir de ahí debes determinar un punto 0,0, y luego qué mosaico corresponde a qué coordenadas. Las impresiones ingresan ahora, y el software encuentra el mosaico en el que se encuentra actualmente y determina sus coordenadas de esa manera. Sin embargo, el mayor desafío será Unova, ya que en todas las demás regiones cada mosaico es un cuadrado, en Unova no necesariamente, y también hay diferentes ángulos para una cámara. Para Unova, creo que lo mejor sería crear una cuadrícula para mostrar los mosaicos en una vista de planta, luego puede hacer que el sistema rastree el tiempo que mantiene presionado un teclado/el número de pulsaciones y mueva el mosaico en el mapa en consecuencia. Las impresiones se usarían para verificar cuando cambias de lugar mediante la transición.

Wait.. is that even possible for a proximity voice mod?

But doesn't that require some external server to be able to communicate via voice?

8 hours ago, lILucyIl said:

Wait.. is that even possible for a proximity voice mod?

But doesn't that require some external server to be able to communicate via voice?

Yea, you need an external server. But most importantly, an real-time coordinate, to the system recognize where you are, who are closer to you and how far they are.

11 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

Sí, necesitas un servidor externo. Pero lo más importante es una coordenada en tiempo real, para que el sistema reconozca dónde estás, quiénes están más cerca de ti y a qué distancia están.

I hope you feel excited about developing a mod like this, it would totally change the way of playing pokemmo in the online environment, I'm sure you would receive a lot of support for the creation of a voice proximity mod.

5 hours ago, lILucyIl said:

I hope you feel excited about developing a mod like this, it would totally change the way of playing pokemmo in the online environment, I'm sure you would receive a lot of support for the creation of a voice proximity mod.

Nothing better than walking around and hear Daryl rage lol