( ゚д゚) There are no words!

Fra

The name's Fra. I found this game through a link posted on a different board and instantly fell in love with the idea!

I'm far too old to tell my age. I'm from germany, but apparently my english is good enough to communicate my thoughts with native speakers, so don't bother.

I've started Pokémon with a european red edition long ago, but stopped playing after Crystal. From all the species I've encountered so far, my favorites are Vileplume, Gengar and the hacktastic Celebi. As you might notice, I like infusing ailements a lot.

I'm currently living a reclusive life, so there isn't much else to tell about me. People usually describe me as a fun guy to play with. I have to admit that I'm a little scatterbrained though, so I usually don't do to good, before I didn't play for a while and got used to things.

Atm the only character I got is a lilltle something called "Fraj", but I didn't really play "her" yet, I accidentally chose a female avatar, even though I actually wanted to use the dude - oh well, I't not like I planned on keeping that one in first place.

In order to find my way into the fun places easier and also to improve the gaming experience of the people around me, I shall leave some questions which I'd love to get answers to:

1. How is that entire online thing working? I mean playing the usual campaign in multiplayer? From what I've heard the Fire Red Edition is pretty much an enhaced remake of the original red version, so in theory I shouldn't be in the ropes for to long, but there weren't any additional players back then.

2. There are several different colors to see in the chat. What's the meaning of the different colors and how do I use the different chats?

3. Which Pokémon are actually available aka can be caught? Are there species you can only gain through special events or quests? What about those you could only fight and catch once in the "normal" games?

4. Speaking of which: is there some sort of quest system?

5. Any bugs I should avoid/be aware of? In game stuff or technical ones?

6. About characters:

a: whats the maximum number of characters I can have?,

b: do they share their items or pokémon?

c: how do I delete a character?

7. Are there any topics, in game or in this forum I should avoid for some reason? I usually lurk a commu before I make the first step, but in this case it seemed so sugoi I had to register right away!

8. Are there any additional features I should be aware of? I mean obviously it's online, etc, etc, but I didn't touch Pokémon since the 2nd generation (Crystal).

I guess these are all the questions I got right now. I hope its not too much, or looks like I was some ignorant kid that didn't even bother with reading the newbie guide or something. Thanks in advance.

It's nice to make your acquaintance ツ

Man thats a lot of questions. Well, here we go.

The chat colors indicate the type of chat being used. Blue is global, pink/red is Trade, orange is channel-baseed, white is normal and shout is just Normall covering a llarger area

You can have 3 character atm

They dont share anything but you can multi-client and trade with yourself

You cannot delete characters

You can catch all Pokemon in the game, including version exclusives(eg Sandshrew normally cant be caught in fire red but in this game you can). However, Legendary Pokemon are NOT and will not be available by normal means. Most likely you'll have to win them from tourneys and events.

There is no quest system

And finally, the one thing you should note is that you dont use the Vending Machines to give the guards drinks in Fire Red Instead you get Tea from an old lady in Celadon City.

As for the multipayer, its basically a genuine Pokemon experience but with other players in the overworld and the ability to interact. Welcome to the Forums

My previous post was too large, so Im going to address something I missed here.

To change the type of Chat you're using, there should be a little button next to the text box that says "Normal". Simply click it to switch between the different chats.

nice to meet you fra. it sounds like "bra," like the nickname for "bro." "braj," there we go. what's up braj

to answer some of your questions with the best of my knowledge:

if you've seen at least five minutes of the game, then i'm pretty sure you were able to see other players running around you. even so, it's mainly just another playthrough of pokemon firered with the ability to talk to friends and see what they're doing at the same time. you can duel and trade with others on the spot as well. as far as the mmo part goes, there are small tournaments held and players would compete with one another to be crowned the victor. nothing much other than that, from what i've seen so far. be sure to check the forums frequently for any events and whatnot.

the different colors stand for the different types of tabs in the chatbox. white is normal, where you can talk to players who are in the same city/route as you are and they alone can see what it is you are saying. orange is shout, and i believe it is the same thing as normal, only with a larger radius. green are whipsers, in which you privately talk to another player and only they can see it. purple/pink is trade, a tab where you can see who is willing to trade pokemon or who is in search for a certain one; this one can be seen by everyone who is playing the game, regardless of what channel they are on. blue is global, where everyone in the game can see what you are saying. lastly, yellow is channel, where only people in the same channel as you can see what you are saying.

there is a bug/issue section at the bottom of the forum index. if anything, feel free to browse around in there.

so far, things such as the johto regions aren't available in the game, but it is being worked on. for now, go on ahead and enjoy what this great mmo has to offer so far.