PokeMMO Event Discussion: Wednesday Night Doubles (July 17)

I've been debating this to myself and with other staff members and I just see no reason to take Kamikaze off.

I just foresee Electrode and Forretress being on every team and nobody wants another Skarm/Bliss mock-up.

Basically, I don't want to see a tournament all of Explosion.

I've been debating this to myself and with other staff members and I just see no reason to take Kamikaze off.

I just foresee Electrode and Forretress being on every team and nobody wants another Skarm/Bliss mock-up.

Basically, I don't want to see a tournament all of Explosion.

The reason explosion was banned is because no damp. Countering explosion is one of the easiest things in doubles to do. Also you see Trode/Kingdra on every team so by your logic why not ban them?

I'm going to see how this tournament goes, and if the majority wants it gone, I'll consider it for a future one.

The reason people don't want explosion is because it shits on all rain teams. That is why it destroyed the competition, no one ran a counter. I don't see a problem here, please explain your reasoning for banning it

boy you're so excited to use those explosions. haha

anyways i think you could consider this cipher since both damp and protect are properly working now :)

[spoiler]not that i want explosions. -.-[/spoiler]

The reason people don't want explosion is because it shits on all rain teams. That is why it destroyed the competition, no one ran a counter. I don't see a problem here, please explain your reasoning for banning it

ifdeuu.png

rain > explosion 

Anyway, yeah I'd say take kamikaze off of there, the only reason for it to have ever been a doubles clause was because broken damp and protect. anyone who runs a team based entirely off explosion will have a sad time seeing politoed.

It's up to the host how they want it to be. I was going to try 6v6 because for one, all tournaments (in my opinion) in the future should be 6v6, and that this is doubles. With it being doubles, 4v4 is too quick.

Also, because the meta is changing with breeding just introduced to us, this is going to be an experiment for 6v6 doubles.

For the Kamikaze clause - I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and I'm leaning more towards taking it off, but nothing official, yet.

It's up to the host how they want it to be. I was going to try 6v6 because for one, all tournaments (in my opinion) in the future should be 6v6, and that this is doubles. With it being doubles, 4v4 is too quick.

Also, because the meta is changing with breeding just introduced to us, this is going to be an experiment for 6v6 doubles.

For the Kamikaze clause - I've been thinking about it a lot lately, and I'm leaning more towards taking it off, but nothing official, yet.

You should decide before registrations, as it may affect who wants to participate and how hard they'll try to get in

6v6 doubles is ideal in my opinion. the only reason for every tourney ever not to be 6v6 is because of the time it takes, and 6v6 doubles do not take long at all.

can't we make the actual tournament time 5 pm EDT also? ;_;

7 PM EDT is a bad time for us living in SEA because of school :\

Unfortunately, after a tournament is posted it is difficult to change many things with everyone's approval (community and staff) that is why the changes you only see are banned move/items/clauses and the rare occurrence of a 32 man going to 64.