[Art] PokeMMO Nuzlocke?

ZeroNinja

Although I'm probably not the only one that had the same idea ... I have had the sudden interest to Nuzlocke PokeMMO. I attempted on doing it for a few hours and it seems its possible even though there are a few things that have yet to be implimented. Sooo when I get the time, I shall update this forum with the pages. Story and rules will take a while to plan but I have a pretty good idea for a plot. Anyway . . . . its time to INSERT FLASHY TITLE BELOW!!

pkmnmmo_nuzlocke_complete_by_ninja_artis

_______________________________________________________________________________________

-Pages-

Nuzlocke Rules

-Artwork and Wips-

Amber aka Protagonist
Amber and Antagonist
Amber Sprite

-Links-

DeviantART

Tumblr

I'm wondering if the nuzlockers could do this. After all you can skip a lot of trainer battles if you are low on health, most common runners (abra, vulpix, etc) cant escape so would be easier to catch as first encounters, and best of all the free pokemon giveaways. Might want to offset the ease of pokeMMO style nuzlocke and add a few more rules than the standard two, else it may get boring.

No healing during battle?

Must defeat all trainers in a route/cave before moving forward?

Team must stay near each other in levels? (no getting that awesome high level free poke to smash things up for you)

Cannot have pokemon too high above the next gym leaders? (again, no overgrinding)

Free pokemon given away by other trainers count as an encounter?

Remember the goal of the Nuzlocke is to make it hard for you, but with this being an MMO its a lot easier to get support. Plus you dont have to accept all challenges by other trainers either so they are no real threat. Unless.... Dual-locke? You and a friend start off around the same time and play together. On occasion, challenge each other to a battle. Whoever wins keeps all of their pokemon, while the loser loses one. Try to stay around the same level so the battles are more intense too.

Suddenly that sounds like a ton of fun... I wonder if I could get a few of my friends to do that with hmmm...

I'm wondering if the nuzlockers could do this. After all you can skip a lot of trainer battles if you are low on health, most common runners (abra, vulpix, etc) cant escape so would be easier to catch as first encounters, and best of all the free pokemon giveaways. Might want to offset the ease of pokeMMO style nuzlocke and add a few more rules than the standard two, else it may get boring.

No healing during battle?

Must defeat all trainers in a route/cave before moving forward?

Team must stay near each other in levels? (no getting that awesome high level free poke to smash things up for you)

Cannot have pokemon too high above the next gym leaders? (again, no overgrinding)

Free pokemon given away by other trainers count as an encounter?

Remember the goal of the Nuzlocke is to make it hard for you, but with this being an MMO its a lot easier to get support. Plus you dont have to accept all challenges by other trainers either so they are no real threat. Unless.... Dual-locke? You and a friend start off around the same time and play together. On occasion, challenge each other to a battle. Whoever wins keeps all of their pokemon, while the loser loses one. Try to stay around the same level so the battles are more intense too.

Suddenly that sounds like a ton of fun... I wonder if I could get a few of my friends to do that with hmmm...

I think it is playable as a Nuzlocke, esspecially since there's still a crap load of stuff that hassent been implimented yet XD. ALthough its true that you can still skip battles, I don't really think its a good idea since thats a LOT of EXP your passing so skipping would be considered a consiquence in a way. I like your suggestion in rules and I might just use some of them~ Thank you :)

• 3 weeks later...

I love nuzlocking. I love this idea. I created a character but haven't started the game with it yet. I love the idea of this though. It would take a lot of disapline but I think it would be great.

Since you can't delete or reset your character with a failed run you could maybe keep going counting your number of fails.

I have never made a stream or diary or story of my nuzlocking. (I've done one of regular leaf green and failed. I'm doing one of emerald but got distracted with fire red omega. I WAS doing that as nuzlocke before I decided I would let it an easier play so I could enjoy the changes more.(catch only pokemon i plan to use and allow deaths. If it faints, I go and mark it. When I mark it 4 times, the fifth time its dead for good. or Perhaps the 4th mark means its done for good. I've only gotten one strike for two pokemon)

I do have a character ready and waiting tobe Nuzlocked. maybe it's about time I do that lol

• Kizhaz locked this topic