PokeMMO Event Discussion: Pokelympics Event #1

Yes there is, now.

Regarding the Pokelympics Events registration;

Who gets into the bracket will now be randomized so it is not players with the fastest internet gets in. Registration for each event lasts 24 hours each, then the brackets and reserves will be announced.

If you do this kind of registration atleast make the registration not last longer dan ~15 minutes or no, even 5. The ones that register later will not be counted in the randomizer and therefor automatically be reserves.

Yes there is, now.

Who gets into the bracket will now be randomized so it is not players with the fastest internet gets in. Registration for each event lasts 24 hours each, then the brackets and reserves will be announced.

Where can i find out when and what new registration methods are being used so i don't waste sleep thinking it still how it was?

Technically it's a 160 man tournament since it's a series of 5 32-man tournaments.

If you fail to make the bracket of one tourny, your chance on winning is already much lower. Which basically means it will be a lottery, I dont think anyone wants to see a shiny tauros given away in a lottery

Wait. What. So even if I am the first to enter, there is still a chance I wont get in?

Yes there is, now.

And how is it 'randomized'?

edit: Am I missing something or was this discussed some place else?

After the 24 hour registration period is over, all names will be put on a list and randomized. The top 32 players get in, and the next 32 players will become the reserves. This is done to allow players who don't have very fast internet to get into tournaments.

This wasn't discussed publicly, it was just announced in this thread.

> shiny tauros prize

> 32 man tourny

> random rng entries.

HINT: WE NEED 64 PEOPLEE, MORE CMS/REFS PLS

I really agree on this, i don't like that way of registering.

After the 24 hour registration period is over, all names will be put on a list and randomized. The top 32 players get in, and the next 32 players will become the reserves. This is done to allow players who don't have very fast internet to get into tournaments.

This wasn't discussed publicly, it was just announced in this thread.

But since you have decided to make the registration like this, are we then going to get the bracket a little early so we at least know if we are in before the tourney starts and can see where on the reserves we are?  :)

I really agree on this, i don't like that way of registering.

But since you have decided to make the registration like this, are we then going to get the bracket a little early so we at least know if we are in before the tourney starts and can see where on the reserves we are?  :)

Yep. Bracket should be out within 30 minutes of Registration ending.

i just wanted to know where this information was ahead of time. Seems like information that should be on the events page, I got up 4 hours early on Monday morning to sign up and didn't need to at all

and im sure others took time out of their schedule to do the same

Such a stupid registration
What kind of internet you need
Only 25 players apply in the first minute of the registration its not like you need a fast internet to register this Time just need to be there in Time
Srs this make no sense

you obviously weren't here back when we got 100 odd registrations in the first minute.  This is their response to the problem, although I don't think its a great one, I appreciate that they're trying.

I dont know about 100, the last one I counted I stopped counting at 48. All time stamped with 6:00. I think I was on page 4 and ended up in the reserves on that one.

Its an issue. I appreciate they are trying to come up with creative solutions.

you obviously weren't here back when we got 100 odd registrations in the first minute.  This is their response to the problem, although I don't think its a great one, I appreciate that they're trying.