Team Rocket Recruitment

Kearsten

OU Tournament. If this were UU then yes, I would've banned it.

You are aware that UU Pokemon can in fact be used in OU, are you not? Spore Arbok is just as strong in OU tier, being the fastest spore user in the game due to this bug. You should ban it regardless.

If you think about it, it is more of a challenge for good competitive players if they are paired with a player who isn't as competitive. They have the added challenge of helping that player through the bracket and then the chances are they are going to beat that person in the finals anyway.
I am worried about the possibility of players entering just to "troll" whatever partner they get, because it would be a shame for someone to put effort into an event and get lumped with that person. I like to think however that the majority of the competitive community who sign up to this event wouldn't do so for this reason.
It's always good to try something new, maybe it will work or maybe it won't, we will see. I know people in my team seem up for it and at the end of the day it's just a bit of fun :)

Random partners sounds great! If I played comp I would totally do this tournament!

Who knows you might make a new friend from it :3

also WHEN DID ARBOK GET SPORE!? MAH MIND IS BEING BLOWN RIGHT NOW.

EXTRA PRIZE

!!!!THE WINNER OF THIS TOURNAMENT GETS A BIG SLOPPY WET KISS FROM MAX!!!!!!!!!

>_O GOOD LUCK LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

Random partners sounds great! If I played comp I would totally do this tournament!

Who knows you might make a new friend from it :3

also WHEN DID ARBOK GET SPORE!? MAH MIND IS BEING BLOWN RIGHT NOW.

EXTRA PRIZE

!!!!THE WINNER OF THIS TOURNAMENT GETS A BIG SLOPPY WET KISS FROM MAX!!!!!!!!!

>_O GOOD LUCK LADIES AND GENTLEMEN

dat prize is too much i cant accept that

think allowing people to pick their partners is pretty exciting for the players, and it's also a nice sense of community. It will be very disappointing for entrants to be paired with an individual they 1) don't know 2) is on a different competitive level 3) doesn't communicate well in the same language or 4) with whom they do not get along with. I understand all of these may not apply, and may not be a huge issue, but I still think that allowing players to pick their partners is a very positive thing and much better than what random pairings bring to the table. I cannot see a legitimate downside to allowing it, so please let me know if I have overlooked something

Random matching is nothing new to MMOs, it's truly a test of skill. I'd much rather my team mate sucked so I can see how well I play under pressure. (JK I just want people to praise me after I beat two people in a row.)

But seriously, I don't think it's too much of a big deal to be paired up with someone of lesser skill. It tests your skill at playing, it allows the lesser of the pair to learn more about the meta and see how they messed up, and how they could've possibly dealt with the opponent who beat them. On top of that, it's a nice change to not know who your partner will be. No plans, no expectations, just improvisations.

Good tournament idea is good.

Random matching is nothing new to MMOs, it's truly a test of skill. I'd much rather my team mate sucked so I can see how well I play under pressure. (JK I just want people to praise me after I beat two people in a row.)

But seriously, I don't think it's too much of a big deal to be paired up with someone of lesser skill. It tests your skill at playing, it allows the lesser of the pair to learn more about the meta and see how they messed up, and how they could've possibly dealt with the opponent who beat them. On top of that, it's a nice change to not know who your partner will be. No plans, no expectations, just improvisations.

Good tournament idea is good.

I guess personally I just don't enjoy events with any possible exploits, it was something I always avoided. It is not a matter of trusting the community or not it's a matter of professionalism (imo). I understand the pros of this event set up and I am sure people will enjoy it. Nonetheless, it's not up to my standards. The host can do what she wishes of course and I respect that. 

I am sure all of the people in this thread stating they're stoked about it will be there to attend and enjoy!

I guess personally I just don't enjoy events with any possible exploits, it was something I always avoided. It is not a matter of trusting the community or not it's a matter of professionalism (imo). I understand the pros of this event set up and I am sure people will enjoy it. Nonetheless, it's not up to my standards. The host can do what she wishes of course and I respect that. 

I am sure all of the people in this thread stating they're stoked about it will be there to attend and enjoy!

Thanks Emlee! Much appreciated!!

Oh and everyone else who is planning to attend, I'm looking forward to having you there!

I have 2 questions, sorry if they have been already answered, but right now my mind is a little fucked..

1) Will we know the name of our partner before the event start, or will ee know it just before battling? ( i personally think it would be better knowing it a little early, this is not just a 6vs6 OU tourney, just like the Dynimic Due there can be strategies involving both the players and such )?

2) Scenario

Player 1 and 2
Against
Player A and B

Player 1 defeat player A with 3 pokes left
Player 2 last pokemon is Gengar, player B last pokemon is Snorlax

Gengar uses D.Bond, Snorlax Shadow Ball, both are KO

According to the Self KO clause player 2 should lose, but player B will end up without pokes to battle player 1...what would happen in that case?

Anyway, really interesting event, i really liked the Dynimic Duo, and this one seems really good too :)

PS, for the winner a sign like this would be totally amazing "Player 1 Official Team Rocket Grunt"

Wow Kearsten! Such a fantastic event! Thank you, and I will be sure to be attending this lovely affair. (●♡∀♡)

Thanks Barrage, that's kind of you.

I have 2 questions, sorry if they have been already answered, but right now my mind is a little fucked..

1) Will we know the name of our partner before the event start, or will ee know it just before battling? ( i personally think it would be better knowing it a little early, this is not just a 6vs6 OU tourney, just like the Dynimic Due there can be strategies involving both the players and such )?

2) Scenario

Player 1 and 2
Against
Player A and B

Player 1 defeat player A with 3 pokes left
Player 2 last pokemon is Gengar, player B last pokemon is Snorlax

Gengar uses D.Bond, Snorlax Shadow Ball, both are KO

According to the Self KO clause player 2 should lose, but player B will end up without pokes to battle player 1...what would happen in that case?

Anyway, really interesting event, i really liked the Dynimic Duo, and this one seems really good too :)

PS, for the winner a sign like this would be totally amazing "Player 1 Official Team Rocket Grunt"

I would like to be able to do that but in the case that someone doesn't show up, I'll have to put in reserves into the bracket and randomize again to make sure the slots are filled. s: But I will put up the completed bracket once it's final! ~ Hopefully it doesn't have to change.
That is a really interesting question and in the case that does happen, I'll talk it over with my refs and we'll try to come up with a fair approach to that scenario.
And hahaha, yes, that would be very awesome, I'll look into that!