[IPS] Moemon Fire Red Revival Project (Updated 9-17-2019)

Science and stuff...What do you mean by that ?

I think that means take parts from other sprites and past them onto existing sprites. Patchwork Frankenstein's monster. Suicune used parts from about six different sprites when I tried creating her.

I just realized that the Lati@s backsprites will probably need wings, with mean direct side will have wings at same level. What exactly are the limitations to backsprites(width at 64 possible)? I will work on front angle a bit. Might cheat using long hair w/Latias.

Edited by Septentrion

[quote name="Kickern" post="1193062" timestamp="1451106522" date="Today, 12:08 AM"]
Oh, no. I hope you're not wasting your time doing that with Pokemon sprites. Advanced Pokemon Sprite Editor can take 256x64 .png images and let you sync the palettes with a single button click.
[img]http://i67.tinypic.com/r09iyr.png[/img][/quote]

I know that but still the image gets messed up if there are more then 16 colors...right?

At least that's how it worked with me.[quote name="Septentrion" post="1193069" timestamp="1451109252" date="Today, 12:54 AM"]
I think that means take parts from other sprites and past them onto existing sprites. Patchwork Frankenstein's monster. Suicune used parts from about six different sprites when I tried creating her.

I just realized the the Lati@s backsprites will probably need wings, with mean direct side will have wings at same level. What exactly are the limitations to backsprites(width at 64 possible)? I will work on front angle a bit. Might cheat using long hair w/Latias.[/quote]

Hm :huh: Still I'm not sure if I get it.

Oh that's how I edited some sprites for my ROM :D ! Like Moemon Slowking :D Or Espeon :)
I'm familiar with the technique :)[quote name="Kickern" post="1193071" timestamp="1451111077" date="Today, 01:24 AM"]
@Slash
See [url="https://youtu.be/lRe-uTs9ExU"]this video[/url] for how to change Castform's sprites.
See [url="http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=173298"]this tutorial[/url] for how to change the title screen logo.
You can use this image that I made if you want:
[img]http://i65.tinypic.com/2zixwed.png[/img]

@Septen
Yes, back sprites are 64x64 pixels.[/quote]

Thank you :)

How generous of you :3 But I have my own already :)

[url="http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/Prototype-X/media/Moemon%20Emerald%20title_zps1tolvtcr.png.html"][img]http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah278/Prototype-X/Moemon%20Emerald%20title_zps1tolvtcr.png[/img][/url]

[b]*fangirl scream*[/b]

[b]@Kickern [/b]THANKS so much ! :D !

The link you provided was super easy and SUPER helpful !!

Check this out :D !

[url="http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/Prototype-X/media/Moemon_zpsasoufcap.png.html"][img]http://i1382.photobucket.com/albums/ah278/Prototype-X/Moemon_zpsasoufcap.png[/img][/url]

Thanks guy :D ! Thanks to you I might be able to make the Moemon/Pokemon roms I always wanted to play :D

[center][u][b][size=6]To All Members
Please Read[/size][/b][/u][/center]

[size=4]Hi Guys :D
So I've just checked the whole forum, from the beginning to the[b] [/b]latest post.
[size=3](To be clear I just checked the sprites, not read the posts XD)[/size][/size]

[size=4]And I just want to say all of you are just amazing. [/size]
[size=4]The work and effort you put in the sprites is just admirable :wub:[size=4] [/size][/size]

[size=4][size=4]Checking one after another I'm amazed you limited yourself to just one sprite per Pokemon XD[/size][/size]

[size=4][size=4]Some sprites haven't reach my taste but some blew my mind :D[/size][/size]

[size=4][size=4]All your contribution to this project gave me an idea, that is my way to tribute all of you and I hope will be approved. Considering I wish to use your sprites.

So the idea is called [b]Moemon Prime[/b].[/size][/size]

[size=4][size=4]Basically a regular Moemon game where Moemon have 1 extra evolution called Prime Evolution.[/size][/size]

[size=4][size=4]Prime Evolutions are mainly a reason to put badass sprites without deleting the ones that have 5stars in my rating.[/size][/size]

[size=4][size=4]I still need to see how far I can push the Fire red Rom, but I do want to try this idea out :)[/size][/size]

Slash, let me make it very clear: Edit your post instead of making five posts. I will ask moderators to remove you from this thread if you cannot follow simple rules.

@Crooked

Whirl.png 

The right leg looks slightly too far to the right. I think the problem is because her right hip is too right, which consequentially makes the leg too far.

Clamperl's backsprite hat is still different from the frontsprite's. The frontsprite's look like a clam with a jewel on top, while the backsprite looks like an ushanka hat. Shiny color wise, Kickern's variation is better.

@Doom

Your Whismur looks like the head is too low and have no neck. In addition, your reference image is actually Hanyuu-dress up, rather than an actual Moemon.

@Hardcore

2m2xelv.png

I know Seel stick her tongue out, but I just don't feel it being moe here. The yellow feels slightly out of place and the overall sprite could be modded more than simple recolors.

So the idea is called Moemon Prime.

Basically a regular Moemon game where Moemon have 1 extra evolution called Prime Evolution.

Prime Evolutions are mainly a reason to put badass sprites without deleting the ones that have 5stars in my rating.

I still need to see how far I can push the Fire red Rom, but I do want to try this idea out :)

That seems like something the would require another thread, probably on a site more geared towards general pokemon romhacking. I suppose much of the artwork could be done here.

I happened to work on a mega-Latias. Would mega evolutions work?

[URL=http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/Prototype-X/media/Moemon%20Prime%20Title%20Screen_zpsdqy5mihl.png.html]Moemon%20Prime%20Title%20Screen_zpsdqy5m[/URL]

Guys thank you so much for all the help : D ! You are the best.

It took me hell of a time but finally I have a working title screen for Moemon Prime : 3

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Slash, let me make it very clear: Edit your post instead of making five posts. I will ask moderators to remove you from this thread if you cannot follow simple rules.

Oh! I'm sorry.

I'm trying to blend in the forum community, but it's a bit hard without any guidance or tips. :(
I got active like 3 days ago.

So what I know so far...

#1 Fusing posts into one.

#2 Writing name/number of the Moemon Sprite in the post.

Anything else :) ?

"That seems like something the would require another thread, probably on a site more geared towards general pokemon romhacking. I suppose much of the artwork could be done here.

I happened to work on a mega-Latias. Would mega evolutions work?"

To be honest it's more like a singe-person project of mine that came to mind after I saw all the awesome sprites :)  No need for me to start a whole thread :) All I really need is a help of talented pixel artists.

Well...I don't know.

I think I could add mega evolutions :)

Edited by Slash

@Crooked

Much better on the leg. The second variation's glove look messy because of your second darkest shade of gray all around the outline. Now that I look at it, the right hand could be made cleaner also. Same logic applies to the top left of the hair, that shading makes the outline very thick looking.

Alternatively, instead of removing those pixels, I think lightening the colors themselves would fix it but it will probably break things at other points.

@Kickern

Lift the front of the hat upward and make the white "lip" of the clam shell stick out a bit more from the shell, to make it look more frilly than just a pattern.

Edited by Moetal

@Slash

I'd be happy to working on some Mega-Moemon... But there are still lots more sprites to edit first.  One at a time! ;)

Putting names and numbers on each posts just helps other spriters (like me) to do quick searches for any completed or WIP sprites. Thanks! ^_^

@Kickern

I think the pearl should be moved up a bit so it looks more centered on the hat.  Now it looks like its off on the right side.  Otherwise, it's looking great!  I totally love it! :wub:

And super thanks for the tutorials! 

I'm trying to discipline myself enough to finish some of the Moemon I've already started.  Below is the completed Mudkip family: 

I've decided to keep the original Swampert and use my new sprite for something else, (I'm still undecided what the new one will become).  

I might revisit Swampert at another time and work on the legs... -_-

#258 - Mudkip

20sewt1.jpg

#259 - Marshtomp

rrny1w.jpg

#260 - Swampert

w7nfdd.jpg

Edited by DoomsdayFTW

@Doom

Make Mudkip's colors more cyan, and sync the three's skin tones. Marshtomp's face and eyes could be worked on slightly to be the same style as the other two. If we are using this Swampert as base, then you should bend the legs to make her look larger like our other starters' final evolution. Maybe science these two together?

Swampy12.png

Edited by Moetal

@Slash

I'd be happy to working on some Mega-Moemon... But there are still lots more sprites to edit first.  One at a time! ;)

Putting names and numbers on each posts just helps other spriters (like me) to do quick searches for any completed or WIP sprites. Thanks! ^_^

Mega-evolutions Moemon would be something interesting to see :D

However, like you said, One at a time :) I alone have to think over my idea and check if my fav sprites are good with me or should I edit them/replace them.

Not to mention all the cool sprites you guys keep making XD

@CW

Is Poliwhirl's thumb on the wrong side on the fist that is out, or am I just looking at it wrong?  I like all the other edits to her.

Also, yes, that's a better Clamperl hat.

@Doom

Mudkip was missing her eyebrows:

1zdsvpj.png

Is that an older version of that Marshtomp sprite?  Some colors seem to be missing.

I made some edits to the face and took colors from the Gen 5 sprite's palette:

w7dkrm.png

I think Torchic's arms are a bit too skinny on the back sprite.  Same goes for Combusken's arms and legs.

Blaziken's leg proportions still seem off to me.  Maybe it's because it looks like her legs are coming straight from her waist?

@Moetal

I'd hate to see Seel lose her tongue altogether, but I agree it doesn't look great.  Maybe if it was a bit more subtle, it would look good.  Kinda like what Shellder has.

Edited by Kickern

@Kickern

Thanks for the edits.  I might have posted an older version of Marshtomp by accident.  I'll check later.  I was having a terrible time drawing the arms on the backspirtes.  Maybe someone who has a better skill than me can have a try.  I'm giving up for now until I have some better inspiration.  I know my skills as an artist are severely lacking. As for Blaziken, she is supposed to look like her head is leaning into the camera and not standing straight up.  I know it's a prospective we haven't tried with any other Moemon, something new and maybe a bit hard to see.  But, I'll try a version with a longer torso and see how that works.

I've got three more edits to add to the mix:

#263 Zigzagoon

wsrd6r.jpg

I added legs, socks, and shoes to the sprite from the patch.

#269 Dustox

14kxmbr.jpg

I found this unused sprite lying around the internet and edited it a bit to add some more character.

#267 Beautifly

2rfbgj4.jpg

Edited the sprite from the patch by extending the legs and adding shoes and socks.

#266 Silcoon

6sapzp.jpg

WIP for Silcoon... I'm not sure if I like this one yet. Thoughts?   

....And just for fun...

Beware of the Bloodborne Poochyena!!! (Only joking!) :lol:

2h6r5zq.jpg "A hunter is a hunter even in a dream!"

Edited by DoomsdayFTW

@Doom

Good edit on Zigzaggoon, but feels like the arms can be extended by a few pixel upward and the hands moved upward also to better fit the scale.

Dustox's and Beautifly's legs look long and the body look short (or the skirt is REALLY high up) and has short arms/missing hand(s). 

Silcoon looks huge, that's all I can say at this stage.

Skinny legs on Poochyena at the moment. I don't recommend having weapons on her.

@Moetal
That Poochyena was just a joke. I wasn't seriously advocating this version. Have you seen Bloodborne? It's seriously not Moe! Ha ha :P

Beautifly is supposed to be hiding her arms behind her back.  I'll try to make that stand out more.

I'll work on the leg length, and I'll resize Silcoon. 

Here is a new version for Swellow!

#277 Swellow

Version 2.0               Version 2.1

9r1v0z.jpgfvkbi8.jpg

Edited by DoomsdayFTW

Hey guys :)

May I ask for a bit of opinion about this sprite ?

#122-Rhydon

[url=http://s1382.photobucket.com/user/Prototype-X/media/112_zpsqhj6a1fb.png.html]112_zpsqhj6a1fb.png[/URL]

@Slash

Try working on one of these for Rhyhorn/Rhydon:

2z5p4iu.png

I'm aware this sprite won't be used in the project.

However I made a slight edition on the horn and while I'm happy with it I thought a second opinion of more experienced people wouldn't hurt :)

Edit 4:

2uorr0k.png

Opinions?

In general I love this sprite <3  Totally gonna be a Sceptile Prime <3 <3

The editions on the eyes are better :) They give Sceptile character. I'm not sure how I feel with the edited fringe on the backsprite.

Edit 5:

There were some stray extra colors on Swellow; it's down to 16 colors below.

9uyfzl.png

I figured a white shirt would make it be a little bit more like the Pokemon.  I have more ideas for other variations, but I'll have to work on them some other time.

I think covering the skin on belly and legs would be an improvement.
The sprite is great and dynamic, but the "wardrobe" isn't what I would use to describe a Moemon.

Edited by Slash

@Slash

Try working on one of these for Rhyhorn/Rhydon:

2z5p4iu.png

Edit:

3yfcn.png

Someone else fill in the blanks, please.

Edit 2:

While we're on the subject of Beautifly, I'd love to see someone else's rendition of the design I posted back on page 102.

Edit 3:

35jxlk0.png

Pick one.  Or make your own.  The leftmost one is the same as what Doom posted.

Edit 4:

2uorr0k.png

Opinions?

Edit 5:

There were some stray extra colors on Swellow; it's down to 16 colors below.

9uyfzl.png

I figured a white shirt would make it be a little bit more like the Pokemon.  I have more ideas for other variations, but I'll have to work on them some other time.

Edited by Kickern

Backsprites for all my projects here. The old Suicune backsprite was already pretty close so only minor changes happened.

#245 Suicune

ix3sQOA.png2SRFxaW.png

#380 Latias

8EfHYqa.png

#381 Latios

b5XTZrX.png

Two mutual exclusive methods of dealing with Lati@s wings. My spatial reasoning does not match up with my artistry. Needs second opinion. Also, long hair makes backsprite difficult.

eam35rz.png