[Implemented] Random duel finder

I dont know if its possible to do in near future or at all but a duel finder function would change the game so much.

I could imagine this being like battlegrounds in Wow you could queue up for a duel also you could queue up for multiple categories like: lvl 50 only , lvl 100 , only , 2vs2 , 1vs1 .....

Once you have found a partner it puts you in a battle.

Right now duels are fine but i could imagine that this function would be a huge succsess and would change the game expirience positivley.

So what do you say ?

It's a nice idea but I would prefer not. I think it would be much better if there were a battle tent, where you can enter different rooms for different lvls or something. It just wouldn't sound right if you were to duel someone while being far away.

I'll second that opinion

The tent idea is nice too but this way you could for example EV- train your pokemon while you queue up for battles. It would atleas give you something to do while youre doing stuff. And this way it would be much more intimate since you dont have to walk up to someone and request a duel.

what an excellent idea!

having a matchmaking system with different options to queue up sounds great. but maybe when it comes to levels <100 there should be a lvl range instead of a specific lvl(50 for ex.) cuz players train their pokemon and they wone become useless once they reach 51.

anyway, tl;dr what i mean is there sould be a lvl range for ex. 50-60 / 60-70 / 70-80 / .. and so on. and the matchmaking system should only work for pokemon >lv 50 so you have soething look foward to :)

think we are forgetting that the whole point of a duel in pokemon is that you're right there next to them.

seems pretty lazy to get a duel from someone on the opposite side of the map with the click of a button.

being next to your opponent is one of the few pieces of undisturbed logic in the game. you'd happily break that for convenience?

think we are forgetting that the whole point of a duel in pokemon is that you're right there next to them.

seems pretty lazy to get a duel from someone on the opposite side of the map with the click of a button.

being next to your opponent is one of the few pieces of undisturbed logic in the game. you'd happily break that for convenience?

You could make it so that when you've found your dueling partner you both get temporalely teleportet to a stadium like place and can duel there that would make all happy.

You could make it so that when you've found your dueling partner you both get temporalely teleportet to a stadium like place and can duel there that would make all happy.

Right! Because getting automatically teleported without an Alakazam to a place you don't know is totally logic.

Edit: I support the idea of the tent though.

1. You queue for a duel.
  2. Partner finded, an Abra appears in front of you and a message asks you if you want to duel right now.
  3. If yes, it teleports you to that colosseum.
  4. Lose -> last PC. Win -> where you were.

This feature would be unlocked when the player has all badges.

The abra part is pretty pooped as well for the colosseum but rest is fine

The abra part is pretty pooped as well for the colosseum but rest is fine

I can't remember which game, mighta been Gold/Silver but when you get to the pokemon league some old man asks you if you want to instead go home (because you're not ready yet) and he gets his Abra to teleport you home. I think that's where Tastypig got the idea.

Also the Colosseum could be the floor at level 2 in the pokemon centre (to access it you could maybe even enter through there).

I think your idea is a great idea.

I'm sure someone has terrible ideas just like you. Maybe they'll join this topic and agree with you.

Im sure someone has no ideas just like you. Maybe they'll join many topics just being assholes.

I can't remember which game, mighta been Gold/Silver but when you get to the pokemon league some old man asks you if you want to instead go home (because you're not ready yet) and he gets his Abra to teleport you home. I think that's where Tastypig got the idea.

Indeed, you're right.