Science Fiction Discussion/Recommendations

This thread is for discussion of Science Fiction and related topics in any form of media and for asking and providing recommendations. Any form of fiction that involves technology, laws of science, future, aliens can be counted in science fiction genre. You can post here content involving science fiction movies, books, tv series, games, comics, anime, music or any other stuff that you consider related to science fiction. Discussion towards the concepts or philosophy of any movie or books are also welcome. 

cn0ORCv.jpg

"In space no one can hear you scream" ~ Alien (1979)

Okay so perhaps I am a little late jumping on this bandwagon but I have started watching the Predator movie series and I am seriously impressed! I can be extremely picky with science fiction movies as I find anything that is just a lot of spaceships shooting at each other a bit repetitive. But I loved how menacing the Predator was in the first two films (will watch the third this weekend). I then plan to start the Alien franchise when I finish as I feel like I have been missing out!

Stephen King books pretty much introduced me to the sci-fi genre, I have always been more of a reader then a movie person. One of his more recent works was Under the Dome, which was a huge book but worth the time it took to get through. Unfortunately there was a TV Show made that absolutely butchered everything great about the book. :(

@Noad

I have only seen the very first Predator movie and it is easily the best action thriller movie in this genre. I will see the sequels soon, fourth part of the franchise is also in the making. 

Alien is a classic, not only in this genre but also in horror. It was directed by none other than Ridley Scott. The suspense is so real, the Xenomorph and Facehuggers looks so real, the complete uneasiness which is setup throughout the whole movie makes me like it even more. Visual and sound effects are very neat as well given that movie was made almost 40 years ago. Not just that, Sigourney Weaver plays the protagonist as Ellen Ripley in the movie and oh boy she is the most badass heroine ever. The sequel 'Aliens' directed by James Cameron is even better imo. If you start watching them, then I would recommend you to only watch these two. The rest of the sequels were not that great, so won't recommend them. 

I got introduced to science fiction by reading the books of H.G Wells, who is the considered as the creator of sci-fi itself. I haven't read much books but the last book I read was The Martian and I really liked it, the details and science in the book is deep and as well as very accurate. I am yet to see the movie but I know it was well received by the critics. I will check out Stephen King's Under the Dome when my exams get over and will also update the thread with more recommendations.