Starting at diferent locations

JeremyHazPo

Question

I don't know if this will be taken down or not so I shall just post my suggestion/idea of concept here

In Pokemon from the start you begin your journey with one of the three of the most powerful pokemon in that region automatically giving you a headstart against the npc's and trainers. In pokemon lore it is led to be believed that the ordinary trainers you face throughout the game all got their pokemon from a parent or possibly just befriended it. A RPG is about progression progressing and striving to be get even stronger so my idea is to simply put the player in the shoes of a normal trainer. Every trainer starts out differently based on where they live when it becomes time for them to receive a pokemon so I suggest having multiple starting locations all influencing your choices for a starting pokemon. In most regions we only ever see one pokemon professor but for getting starters there could be multiple backstorys as to how you obtained that pokemon. A example of regional starters would be that if you start in the mountains you must choose between an ice type, rock type, or a flying type.

Thank you for reading

Sincerely JeremyHaz

10 answers to this question

While I appreciate the help mudkip I have to respectfully disagree with your statement I feel this will push the boundaries of pokemon and give it a new twist pokemon is about wanting to catch em all and be the best like noone ever was and in this game the second would be very possible because it would produce new and individual stories

2 minutes ago, JeremyHazPo said:

While I appreciate the help mudkip I have to respectfully disagree with your statement I feel this will push the boundaries of pokemon and give it a new twist pokemon is about wanting to catch em all and be the best like noone ever was and in this game the second would be very possible because it would produce new and individual stories

dude, this kind of idea is better for ROM hacks, not an MMO like this. Also, please refer to:

13 minutes ago, notmudkip0 said:

There's a reason you couldn't post in suggestion box: because you just joined and haven't made enough posts to put your ideas there.

For future reference

yes but won't does not mean can't even if a million people think the same thought it only takes one person to speak up and bring their idea to others so that they may better that idea so even if my idea may not be perfect now i believe that posting it on here can lead to it growing and evolving

Never said the devs CAN'T do it, it's just that they won't, and just one person requesting it isn't going to make them go straight to work on this idea.

Spoiler

Maybe in the year 30XX when dasu has become undying, this idea might be added.

Edited by notmudkip0

M9, it doesn't matter which poke you start with as it is a gift and has shit ivs, therefore can't be bred nor used for matchmaking/ tournaments.

If you just wanna enjoy the storyline and just wanna have some noobish battles with friends / other newbies, then you can just catch any poke / buy it off GTL and do that.

What you're asking for is basically a reboot of the entire storyline, since adding multiple starting locations per region would mean alterations would need to be made all around for the sake of traversing the region and all that. 

You'd have better luck trying to convince someone to make an entirely new MMO based on this than to expect it to be applied here.