[Sig] Signature Example/Template

I see a lot of signatures on this forum that have potential but just lack the extra knowledge to make it extraordinary rather than just good-looking. I decided to make an example signature for everyone since a lot of people are asking me to make them signatures. I made this with ideal settings for a web-version image for this specific website. The 500x200 resolution limit really hinders the amount of space you have for a focal point so it makes it difficult to have anything extravagant, but you can still work with it. The ideal resolution for a signature is 580x220.

Finished Image:

LIb0H.gif

It's not the best piece that I've made but it definitely is not the worst. The reason I went the direction I did with this is, because it showcases a lot of techniques that can be used to enhance blank space and still keep the focal point on what your main idea is.

PSD Download (This was made 100% in Adobe Photoshop CS6 Extended Edition):

https://dl.dropbox.c...ure_Example.psd

The image will look a little grainy on a web-browser as the animation is 100% created in Photoshop rather than Flash. SWF signatures only work on certain forums. You can ignore the animation if you are uninterested in it.

There is a layer on the PSD named "Picture_Settings" and it's hidden. If you hide all of the other layers (Uncheck the 'eye' box to the left of each layer) and show the Picture_Settings layer it will show you the specifications of the image.

Each layer is there for everything I did, the only things that aren't on a visible layer are the Blurs, Dodges, Burns, Sharpens, Level Adjustments, Hue Adjustments, Solarizes and High Pass'. Those image adjustments are a little more advanced and I'd recommend searching them up before attempting them as they only look alright if you do it correctly.

Even though this specific signature does not have a Pokemon in it, it's more of a concept or guideline that you can refer back to when starting out in Photoshop.

• Kizhaz locked this topic