[Tutorial] How to edit GUI

3 hours ago, VexR said:

Sure! I am not amazing at coding, but I like to dive into it and learn more/mess around. I noticed there doesn't seem to be any working Encounter Counters for Mac? (Correct me if i'm wrong)
But I wanted to explore how hard it would be to make a simple encounter counter on mac, or at least attempt to make one for myself. I'm not INCREDIBLY familiar with navigating on Mac, so when I went to look for any text files or anything with ANY sort of information, I can't find much.

Hopefully that makes SOME sense. Sorry if I'm sounding like a complete dunce lmao.

Well im just like you here 

I dont believe counters work on files from the actual client, I believe the client has some info going on but to read that, you gonna need more than simple coding knowledge, or even I dunno if thats actually legal or aproved by Pokemmo devs

What I know the counters do is to work on images, they recognize the battle text and work by that, they use Python on windows I dunno if this works on MAC or if there is any alternative on MAC that work like that, that recognize whats on the screen

This counters its pretty much the last work on this topic the man seems to know very well about that maybe he can help you or maybe point you in the right direction even thou his counter I dunno if only works on windows, hope it helps and best luck for you 

• 2 months later...

not easy to replace, because this part is on one of the image files, so you must edit the whole image, with the new icons.

Also after the newest update, the matchmaking dont work too, you must replace the theme.xml file for it, and some other file from the ui folder (one called "matchmaking.xml"), anyways if you dont know how to edit the image with the icons, you cant do anything

(I think this question need a new topic and no an post on this tutorial)

Thats what i figured. That theme has soo much wrong with it. SimpleBlack is my current. Really like your work as well man. Keep it coming!

• 1 month later...
3 hours ago, Johnwaynee said:

i summon you

your summoning has been succesful

3 hours ago, Johnwaynee said:

Can someone tell me what this is for? I just found it but frankly, i have no idea what this bar is for
Must have been added recently

image.thumb.png.a78ff4686fdb62609b09a2a3c42fd14a.png

@budadeth

i summon you

that new bar its used for the event bosses, event like halloween, lunar new year etc

• 4 weeks later...

Hello! Please, if you can, I would appreciate your help ToT
I'm trying to make a custom theme for personal use & I like the default theme a lot as it is, so I took a few things from a theme to change slightly to make it more my own? Hopefully I'll make sense, I'm terrible at explaining things lmao

The Main thing I need help turning off the animation behind the sprite when you open a Pokémon's Summary Card (Like grass types have the leaves blowing around, ext.). Cause I think it's causing the weird tints on the picture behind it & it looks poopy with it. (The Gyarados/Serperior next to what it should look like. Even though the Gyarados one looks cool, most types makes the colors look like poop imo)

Spoiler

fsdfsdf.thumb.jpg.e4384a220ea4e65d691bd83e5d5df4b8.jpg

Second thing. Goin back to what I said about "I took a few things from a theme to change slightly". The theme I got was the Omni Series - Heartberry Haze from Michelle. I Liked the way they had their PC Box Sprites & Their Pokedex Sprites so I went into Photoshop & changed the background picture & leaving the rest as is (aka the way the top of the PC Sprite changes color based off the typing). But the PC Sprite background is ALL that way after changing it & the backgrounds for both are is just missing lol. I made sure they were the same name as the images in their theme & placed them in the same folder. 

Spoiler

fasd.thumb.jpg.2e09085333db2f4c134b8c733ce55670.jpgsdfsa.jpg.d167af57523746fc15e18c58e08b42bf.jpg

After typing this out I have 1 final idea to maybe get the bottom two things to work, but I am helpless with that background animation thingy. (Didn't work lmao)

Hopefully you may be able to help, if not then that's ok. I appreciate you taking the time to read my dumbness x.x lmao

Edited by CaliKingCorey
16 hours ago, CaliKingCorey said:

Second thing. Goin back to what I said about "I took a few things from a theme to change slightly". The theme I got was the Omni Series - Heartberry Haze from Michelle.

The thing with that I believe you are missing the coding part of that theme, because in order to change or add some things you need to do it on the coding aswell (.xml files) 

If you want to edit somehow those from Michelle you should go ask her directly

10 hours ago, budadeth said:

I can check out the code to help you out with , maybe tomorrow

10 hours ago, budadeth said:

The thing with that I believe you are missing the coding part of that theme, because in order to change or add some things you need to do it on the coding aswell (.xml files) 

If you want to edit somehow those from Michelle you should go ask her directly

Got you. Yea I have 0 knowledge of coding lol. I appreciate you taking the time for the reply. If you do look & find that in the codes somewhere I'll be very happy XD

I also asked about the "turning off the animation behind the sprite" in pats server & someone said this (hopefully it helps idk lol)
"I think you can place your background to be essentially in front of the tint/animation so therefore you cannot see it" & "I would suggest you cut just the background but then again if you don't know how to edit xml I'm unsure how you would place it back anyway"

Meaning maybe I need to put the "Sunset" in between the Pokemon & the animation? Maybe that could help finding something in the code if you can't find anything about turning off the animation? 

14 hours ago, CaliKingCorey said:

Got you. Yea I have 0 knowledge of coding lol. I appreciate you taking the time for the reply. If you do look & find that in the codes somewhere I'll be very happy XD

I also asked about the "turning off the animation behind the sprite" in pats server & someone said this (hopefully it helps idk lol)
"I think you can place your background to be essentially in front of the tint/animation so therefore you cannot see it" & "I would suggest you cut just the background but then again if you don't know how to edit xml I'm unsure how you would place it back anyway"

Meaning maybe I need to put the "Sunset" in between the Pokemon & the animation? Maybe that could help finding something in the code if you can't find anything about turning off the animation? 

easiest way for me to do that, its to apply a new background to the pokemon info, you can send me your theme to download I can edit it for you, or you can try edit the code yourself I give you the steps

On 5/2/2024 at 9:57 PM, budadeth said:

easiest way for me to do that, its to apply a new background to the pokemon info, you can send me your theme to download I can edit it for you, or you can try edit the code yourself I give you the steps

Hopefully this works? 
never used MediaFire lol
Let me know if you need anything else! 

Edited by CaliKingCorey
18 hours ago, budadeth said:

the new info card its cali.info,png maybe you gonna have to edit it a little

https://www.mediafire.com/file/4yg9smkvns20pyi/Cali+Vibes.zip/file

OMG YES! THANK YOU SO MUCH! You're amazing bro thank you so much for real! Don't worry about the pokedex thing lol.
1 more thing tho sorry! I realized while playing with "my" theme (not really my theme just other peoples combined lmao) I tried to change this

Spoiler

image_2024-05-05_082628469.thumb.png.223f3f47fc6adee0e97ccf6ff1b1960c.png

To look like this...

Spoiler

image_2024-05-05_083230136.thumb.png.c42349848c1f38913565ca890daff123.png

But it only works if I'm being asked to learn a move or in the safari zone. You have any clue how to fix that?
Again thank you so much!!! ❤️

2 hours ago, CaliKingCorey said:

OMG YES!

THANK YOU SO MUCH! You're amazing bro thank you so much for real!

you are welcome :)

Don't worry about the pokedex thing lol.
1 more thing tho sorry! I realized while playing with "my" theme (not really my theme just other peoples combined lmao) I tried to change this

Hide contents

To look like this...

Hide contents

But it only works if I'm being asked to learn a move or in the safari zone. You have any clue how to fix that?

yes I saw it, glad for you I do now how to do it, wait me a moment

4 hours ago, CaliKingCorey said:

OMG YES! THANK YOU SO MUCH! You're amazing bro thank you so much for real! Don't worry about the pokedex thing lol.

Reveal hidden contents

To look like this...

Reveal hidden contents

use this file, overwrite it on the UI folder

https://www.mediafire.com/file/2y91ltsc4eo58cz/battle.xml/file