Giratina can't be captured, right ?

Sooo, I'm going through the Sinnoh story for the first time on PokeMMO (done it countless times on nintendo tho), and when I arrived at Giratina I just smacked him (wtf was that fight btw ? were the devs on shrooms or smth ?) because I assumed you couldn't capture it. But that is the case right ? I didn't just kill this awesome beast when it could have been mine ? It also felt really reaaaally wrong, because in all my years on console I have never ever killed a legendary pokemon T_T

12 minutes ago, Doodelidude said:

Sooo, I'm going through the Sinnoh story for the first time on PokeMMO (done it countless times on nintendo tho), and when I arrived at Giratina I just smacked him (wtf was that fight btw ? were the devs on shrooms or smth ?) because I assumed you couldn't capture it. But that is the case right ? I didn't just kill this awesome beast when it could have been mine ? It also felt really reaaaally wrong, because in all my years on console I have never ever killed a legendary pokemon T_T

You cannot keep Giratina, but at least it is registered as "Seen" in your PokeDex.