Best Way To Catch Feebas in Hoenn

Hey Guys,

I've been trying to catch a Feebas in Hoenn. I Understand they are one of the hardest Pokemon to catch based on the super low chances of running into one, especially trying it solo. I've had no luck so far in the 10 hours I've been trying to fish for it. Wondering if any of you have any tips or tricks to make it easier to catch one. From what i can find in older threads I seem to be in the correct location. Here is what I have been doing so far to try and catch a Feebas:

-Method: Catching 1 fish per water block to cover as much water as I can, using an old rod mostly, and sometimes a good rod when i do it.

-Location: River on route 119 in the section across from the Weather Institute.

-Spawnrate: I've heard that the Feebas only spawn in 5 or 6 blocks that get shuffled around every 30min, can anyone confirm if this is true?

If anyone has any suggestions to better optimize my chances of catching a Feebas it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

-Method: Must use super rod. Fish once per tile. While you'll on average miss 1 potential tile, the speed gain is well worth it. 

-Spawn rate: 6 tiles on Route 119 and 4 tiles in Mt. Coronet that cycle every 45 minutes. 50% in designated tiles.

Best suggestion is get help. At any given time, there'll probably be someone equally interested.

Edited by Kyklous