[Implemented] Method of Identifying Shinys in Trades

Third suggestion I'm putting up, and this one will take little to no time to type out compared to the other two.

Now recently there have been an array of people getting scammed over people renaming their Pokemon and putting "Shiny" at the front of their names.

This has caused a lot of upset in the community and is something I think we can all agree should be put to an end.

It can sometimes be difficult to tell whether a Pokemon is shiny or normal, with Shinies like Abra and Persian looking almost identical to their normal counterparts.

So what's my solution?

Just like in the games, a red star could be put in a Pokemon's summary window, to indicate it is a shiny ;

2qixp38.jpg

Similarly, it could also be put at the start of a Shiny Pokemon's name - next to "Shiny" as a special character which could not be accessed via the normal Nickname window.

Another idea would be - (Alongside this) After clicking "Trade confirm" A message box would pop up saying;

"You are trading Gengar for a ★ Shiny Slowpoke, do you accept?"

That way, even after both trade windows are locked, the game still notifies you with the name and star that it is a legitimate shiny.

Thoughts?

That's really all there is too it, it should stop most shiny scams almost instantly.

~Darkshade

u da smart3st.

Well, I think when you play long enough, and you manage to see the issues that arise in the game, sometimes it's not so difficult to see some of the solutions :)

Kinda off topic: But couldnt this also be done for showing max happiness on a pokemon.. Like putting a heart icon somewhere

That's not a bad idea, another idea I had would be another tab in the Pokemon summary screen, with a number, or a percentage or something, with a step count telling you how much you've done/need to go, that way when eggs come around, it could be used for that too, telling you how much is left till it hatches, etc.