[Denied] Option To Remove Other Player Sprites

I recently read on a suggestion, where someone suggested being able to host private servers, but it was shot down by one of the administrators, and I understand the reasons for doing so.

I would still appreciate it (and I am sure many others will aswell) if there was a way to turn off player sprites and ignore all chat from them, with the optional ability to continue seeing people who are on your friend list.

This would make it a lot easier for people to play the game with their friends alone, and possibly roleplay with them aswell.

I understand that this somewhat ruins one of the main points of the game, as it's a MMO, so maybe we could have a specific server labeled as "Roleplay" which has the suggested option I mentioned above?

Thanks for reading!

Edited by NoadHunter

I recently read on a suggestion, where someone suggested being able to host private servers, but it was shot down by one of the administrators, and I understand the reasons for doing so.

I would still appreciate it (and I am sure many others will aswell) if there was a way to turn off player sprites and ignore all chat from them, with the optional ability to continue seeing people who are on your friend list.

This would make it a lot easier for people to play the game with their friends alone, and possibly roleplay with them aswell.

I understand that this somewhat ruins one of the main points of the game, as it's a MMO, so maybe we could have a specific server labeled as "Roleplay" which has the suggested option I mentioned above?

Thanks for reading!

Strongly against the Roleplaying idea, but I won't go into that.

The above posters are correct, it /is/ PokeMMO, and you should be playing with all the other players, however - with that being said, the ability to turn off all player sprites but those of your friends (With an ability to toggle the chat on and off, and only Staff members being able to bypass that) wouldn't be such a bad idea, and would actually stop a lot of lagg.

Mixed feelings on this.

I agree with Dark.

It does add some versatility to the game experience... but you would be missing out on the concept created by the team...

But if it lightens up on the Lagg... maybe letting people play the way they want to play isn't a bad idea.

This is pretty silly, why wouldn't you just play a FireRed ROM in VisualBoyAdvance? The whole idea behind PokeMMO is to be immersed in the mutliplayer experience. Turning off player sprites completely defeats that purpose.

Read OP again.

I like the idea. You get to reduce lag from loading up all the player sprites in populated areas, and you get to only play with your clan, or you IRL friends, or the friends you made in the game. Running with 4 people through the tall grass is one of the best parts of the trailer, and that was the vision I had when I downloaded this game. Now don't take me wrong, I love MMO's, and I like that you get to battle and trade with all these different people. But I'd also like the option of being able to toggle between that and playing with just friends/not waiting for the lag to reduce when flying to Pallet or Viridian.