How to Start a Tile Mod

On 5/25/2021 at 3:28 AM, AquaVista said:

Was wondering if anyone knew how to start or what to do for a tile mod, I noticed that all of the maps have repeating textures or misplaced textures out of bounds. I would like to try and fix that.

you have plenty tutorial about that online with advance map and more

17 hours ago, AquaVista said:

thanks for the best non-answer! yes there are but there is nothing on it for converting assets from SS to GBA or vice versa or how to save it as a .mod file or anything 

ah no, tile mods dont have support anymore, the only thing you can do its to mod the tiles of Emerald or Red Fire, then using those in PokéMMO

just like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5XIrgTE5i8

its a very old, very old build, but works

im planning to work on a Emerald Rom but i still waiting an updated tutorial on yt

NDS Roms even they could be tile modded i dont know if PokéMMO would run as it sometimes says the file cant be used

happens also with Emerald and Fire Red, some modding make the roms unavalibale to run on PokéMMO but i dont have a clue about that

good luck!

• 6 months later...
On 6/7/2021 at 7:05 PM, budadeth said:

ah no, tile mods dont have support anymore, the only thing you can do its to mod the tiles of Emerald or Red Fire, then using those in PokéMMO

just like this one https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R5XIrgTE5i8

its a very old, very old build, but works

im planning to work on a Emerald Rom but i still waiting an updated tutorial on yt

NDS Roms even they could be tile modded i dont know if PokéMMO would run as it sometimes says the file cant be used

happens also with Emerald and Fire Red, some modding make the roms unavalibale to run on PokéMMO but i dont have a clue about that

good luck!

The one in the youtube link works fine, very cool! Do you also know one like that for emerald? 

On 1/3/2022 at 9:31 AM, BuurmanJuan said:

The one in the youtube link works fine, very cool! Do you also know one like that for emerald? 

I tried but didnt find any that work propperly on PokéMMO... I was waiting to do the hack myself but can't make work neither, had a problem with transparent tiles and can't fix it... I'm stuck with that without any way to fix it...