Should you evolve Eevee immediately after getting it?

The question of whether or not to evolve right away kind of depends on the specific pokemon and what moves they learn at what level.

Basically, if the pre-evolution learns a move that the evolution does not, only then would you wait to evolve.

Otherwise, just evolve asap, as it's often a huge base stat increase.

In eevee's case, well, it learns baton pass at 35, which its evolutions can't get. But baton pass is banned (i think) so there is not much purpose in waiting for it.

In fact, its evolutions get moves that eevee doesn't get (like psychic for espeon) so i would just evolve asap.

I recommend just look at eevee's learnable moves real quick and double-check to see if there's anything specific you want.

Incidentally, the pokemon that should not be evolved immediately are usually those that evolve via stone (like starmie), as starmie does not learn any moves at all via levelup after it evolves. On the other hand, the ones you should evolve asap are usually those that evolve by trade, as their learnset is identical to their pre-evolution (kadabra and alakazam both learn psychic at 35)