Ask about fonts

Just now, budadeth said:

Yes editing the code , the file it's fonts.xml 

There you have everything related to fonts

I'm planning a tutorial about that but it will take at least two more weeks or more

If you going to try edit the .xml I suggest you use Sublime Text 

Thank you very much. Looking forward to your tutorial. I don't know where the corresponding aspect of the code is.

35 minutes ago, budadeth said:

如果您要嘗試編輯 .xml,我建議您使用 Sublime Text 

Thank you very much. Looking forward to your tutorial. I don't know where the corresponding aspect of the code is.

1 hour ago, f57332asd said:

Inside the themes folder, every theme has a font.xml file if you open the .xml with a word program you will see:

Size:X 

Color: x

Etc

If you plan to edit that, be sure to keep a safe unedited copy of the files

wait me a few weeks I will link you my tutorial 

• 2 weeks later...

hey man! i'd really appreciate the guide as well. 
altho u can help me in a waaay faster method still, i only want to know which line to edit for text size of speech bubbles of NPCs.

pls help! whenever i apply any theme, the speech text decreases to ui size, unlike large text in vanilla version

On 2/15/2022 at 10:22 PM, budadeth said:

Inside the themes folder, every theme has a font.xml file if you open the .xml with a word program you will see:

Size:X 

Color: x

Etc

If you plan to edit that, be sure to keep a safe unedited copy of the files

wait me a few weeks I will link you my tutorial 

1 hour ago, chocoblin said:

altho u can help me in a waaay faster method still, i only want to know which line to edit for text size of speech bubbles of NPCs.

pls help! whenever i apply any theme, the speech text decreases to ui size, unlike large text in vanilla version

The font definition you're looking for is called "messagebox".

Here's a dark-mode speech bubble I made last year, feel free to download it for personal use.

unknown.png?width=768&height=154

text-bubble.png

5 hours ago, chocoblin said:

As they said up

line 88

name="messagebox"

it's the one applying on text bubbles 

Some fonts have their own size if you are changing the default ones its common that other ones bigger or smaller

On 2/27/2022 at 4:40 PM, nurver9 said:

The font definition you're looking for is called "messagebox".

Here's a dark-mode speech bubble I made last year, feel free to download it for personal use.

unknown.png?width=768&height=154

text-bubble.png

hi! can u please help me again. i did ADD the messagebox line 88 font size to the theme i'm using from default theme's xml, but despite restarting and reapplying, i still get very small font size of 12. 
i use ornate olive/raging red/surreal sapphire. 

this one. could u pls help me out

3 minutes ago, chocoblin said:

hi! can u please help me again. i did ADD the messagebox line 88 font size to the theme i'm using from default theme's xml, but despite restarting and reapplying, i still get very small font size of 12. 
i use ornate olive/raging red/surreal sapphire. 

this one. could u pls help me out

Attach your modified font.xml here. This GUI is also out-of-date.

5 hours ago, nurver9 said:

Attach your modified font.xml here. This GUI is also out-of-date.

Spoiler
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<themes>
    <!--
    Possible values for fontDef
    ref="name"              - defines whatever this font definition is a clone of other font ( if it does, fonts share VRAM & below params except color="#HEX" )
    size="12"               - defines font atlas pixel size
    mono="false"            - If true, font smoothing is disabled.
    color="#HEX"            - defines font tint color on render ( not atlas color )
    font_color="#HEX"       - defines atlas font color
    shadow_x="0"            - defines shadow x offset
    shadow_y="0"            - defines shadow y offset
    shadow_color="#HEX"     - defines atlas shadow color. Values are defined as Alpha/R/G/B bytes. Default: #BF000000 (Black @ 75% opacity)
    border_width="0"                - defines thickness of border in pixels
    border_color="#HEX"     - defines atlas border color
    border_straight="bool"  - true/false defines whether square edges for borders are used (default: false)
    incremental="bool"      - true/false defines whether the font is incremental. For fonts which have limited expected characters, e.g. trainer names, predefining the characters attribute will save vram by creating a minimally sized texture
    unique_atlas="bool"  - true/false defines whether the font is given a unique atlas. Increases memory usage, but can help performance in some circumstances.

Capital letters should be replaced with lowercases, starting with an underscore. e.g. "magFilter" should be "mag_filter"
    -->

<fontDef name="battle" filename="res/fonts/battle.ttf" color="#FFFFFF" shadow_offset_x="1" shadow_offset_y="1" shadow_color="#CC000000" size="48" hinting="Full"/>
    <fontDef name="braille" ref="battle"/>

<fontDef name="alphabeta" filename="res/fonts/NotoSansCJK-Medium.ttc" faces="sc,tc,jp" color="#FFFFFF" size="12" size_cjk="14" hinting="Full" hinting_cjk="Slight" default="true" unique_atlas="true"><!-- Chat font gets its own atlas -->
        <fontParam if="disabled" color="#A9A9A9"/>
        <fontParam if="pressed" offsetX="1" offsetY="1"/>
    </fontDef>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-gray" ref="alphabeta" color="#484848"/>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-black" ref="alphabeta" color="black"/>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-green" ref="alphabeta" color="#7CB147"/>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-blue" ref="alphabeta" color="#AACFFF"/>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-orange-shadow" ref="alphabeta" color="#FF9900"/>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-battle" ref="alphabeta" color="#FFFF00"/>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-orange" ref="alphabeta" color="#FF9900"/>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-lightgreen" ref="alphabeta" color="#66FF66"/>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-purple" ref="alphabeta" color="#FF99FF"/>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-teal" ref="alphabeta" color="#81ddf1"/>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-red" ref="alphabeta" color="#f09999"/>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-yellow" ref="alphabeta" color="#e2c57e"/>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-brown" ref="alphabeta" color="#ff8484"/>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-gm" ref="alphabeta" color="#5e98ff"/>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-cm" ref="alphabeta" color="#58ff64"/>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-hgm" ref="alphabeta" color="#ff5858"/>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-dev" ref="alphabeta" color="#d575ff"/>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-admin" ref="alphabeta" color="#ff63cb"/>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-friend" ref="alphabeta" color="#58ff64"/>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-team" ref="alphabeta" color="#00ffff"/>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-link" ref="alphabeta" color="#00e6b8"/>

<fontDef name="alphabeta-border" filename="res/fonts/NotoSansCJK-Medium.ttc" faces="sc,tc,jp" kerning="true" color="white" size="12" size_cjk="14" hinting="AutoSlight" hinting_cjk="Full" border_width="1" border_color="#434343">
    </fontDef>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-border-red" ref="alphabeta-border" color="#f09999"/>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-border-friend" ref="alphabeta-border" color="#58ff64"/>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-border-team" ref="alphabeta-border" color="#00ffff"/>
    <fontDef name="alphabeta-border-yellow" ref="alphabeta-border" color="#e2c57e"/>

<fontDef name="alphabeta-small" filename="res/fonts/NotoSansCJK-Medium.ttc" faces="sc,tc,jp" color="#FFFFFF" size="12" size_cjk="13" hinting="Full" hinting_cjk="Slight"/>

<fontDef name="pb-dark" ref="alphabeta" color="#FFFFFF">
        <fontParam if="disabled" color="#A9A9A9"/>
    </fontDef>
    <fontDef name="tooltip-font" filename="res/fonts/NotoSansCJK-Medium.ttc" faces="sc,tc,jp" color="#535353" size="12" size_cjk="14" hinting="Full" hinting_cjk="Full" shadow_color="#20FFFFFF" shadow_offset_x="1" shadow_offset_y="1">
        <fontParam if="disabled" color="#CCC"/>
    </fontDef>
    <fontDef name="pb-dark-link" ref="pb-dark" color="#434343">
        <fontParam if="disabled" color="#000"/>
    </fontDef>
    <fontDef name="pb-tab" ref="pb-dark" color="#999">
        <fontParam if="selected" color="#FFFFFF"/>
    </fontDef>
    <fontDef name="pb-dark-green" ref="pb-dark" color="#56d245">
        <fontParam if="selected" color="white"/>
    </fontDef>
    <fontDef name="pb-dark-yellow" ref="pb-dark" color="#FFD800"/>
    <fontDef name="pb-dark-red" ref="pb-dark" color="#fc6a78"/>
    <fontDef name="listbox-display" ref="pb-dark" color="#FFFFFF">
        <fontParam if="hover | keyboardFocus | selected" color="#FFFFFF"/>
    </fontDef>
    <fontDef name="pb-dark-orange" ref="pb-dark" color="#BBBBBB"/>

<fontDef name="noto-8pt" filename="res/fonts/NotoSansCJK-Medium.ttc" faces="sc,tc,jp" color="#FFFFFF" border_width="1" border_color="#434343" size="8" incremental="false" characters="0123456789"/>

<fontDef name="messagebox" filename="res/fonts/NotoSansCJK-Bold.ttc" faces="sc,tc,jp" color="#222222" hinting="Medium" kerning="false" size="24" shadow_color="#40000000" shadow_offset_x="1" shadow_offset_y="1" border_width="0" border_color="#484848"/>

<fontDef name="mechabold" filename="res/fonts/NotoSansCJK-Bold.ttc" faces="sc,tc,jp" color="#FFFFFF" hinting="Medium" kerning="false" size="14" border_width="1" border_color="#484848"/>
    <fontDef name="mechabold-red" ref="mechabold" color="#F09999" />
    <fontDef name="mechabold-green" ref="mechabold" color="#9BFF9B" />
    <fontDef name="mechabold-blue" ref="mechabold" color="#87ceeb" />
    <fontDef name="mechabold-tm" ref="mechabold" color="#ffffff">
        <fontParam if="disabled" color="#CCC"/>
    </fontDef>

<fontDef name="title-font" filename="res/fonts/NotoSansCJK-Bold.ttc" faces="sc,tc,jp" color="#FFFFFF" size="12" size_cjk="15" hinting="AutoMedium" hinting_cjk="Slight" shadow_color="#55000000" shadow_offset_x="1" shadow_offset_y="1"/>
    <fontDef name="title-font-black" filename="res/fonts/NotoSansCJK-Bold.ttc" faces="sc,tc,jp" color="#252525" size="12" size_cjk="15" hinting="AutoMedium" hinting_cjk="Slight"/>

<fontDef name="trainer-name" filename="res/fonts/NotoSans-SemiCondensedBlack.ttf" color="#434343" size="18" incremental="false" characters="AaBbCcDdEeFfGgHhIiJjKkLlMmNnOoPpQqRrSsTtUuVvWwXxYyZz"/>

<fontDef name="console-green" ref="alphabeta" color="#7CB147"/>
    <fontDef name="console-red" ref="alphabeta" color="#FF0000"/>
    <fontDef name="console-blue" ref="alphabeta" color="#AACFFF"/>
    <fontDef name="console-purple" ref="alphabeta" color="#FF99FF"/>
    <fontDef name="console-orange" ref="alphabeta" color="#FF9900"/>
    <fontDef name="console" ref="alphabeta" color="#FFFFFF"/>

<fontDef name="symbols-white" filename="res/fonts/DejaVuLGCSans.ttf" color="#FFFFFF" size="14" hinting="AutoFull" incremental="false" characters="┌├└─←→↑↓▸◂↖↗↙↘☒➤↻☒⇲"/>
    <fontDef name="symbols-black" ref="symbols-white" color="#000000"/>
</themes>

i was unable to attach .xml file so i copy  pasted :) 
thanks again for assisting me

Edited by chocoblin
spoiler
1 hour ago, chocoblin said:

please do not forget me :) i'll be very grateful

Please put that code in spoiler tags if you could, and edit then delete the contents of the double post. Things can be come confusing very quickly. 

Also, you have not modified any other files correct? To ensure the issue is not originating from elsewhere.

1 hour ago, nurver9 said:

Please put that code in spoiler tags if you could, and edit then delete the contents of the double post. Things can be come confusing very quickly. 

Also, you have not modified any other files correct? To ensure the issue is not originating from elsewhere.

absolutely not. this font thing only happens when i apply THIS mod. 

@chocoblin Try changing the size flag under this font definition:

fontDef name="messagebox"
size="48"

Careful to keep formatting intact, a simple error such as the following cause issues in-game:

size="48 "

The file you uploaded pretty much looks identical to the latest default copy, the "messagebox" font size was still set to the default value of "24".

Edited by nurver9
10 hours ago, nurver9 said:

@chocoblin Try changing the size flag under this font definition:

fontDef name="messagebox"
size="48"

Careful to keep formatting intact, a simple error such as the following cause issues in-game:

size="48 "

The file you uploaded pretty much looks identical to the latest default copy, the "messagebox" font size was still set to the default value of "24".

still no change :) actually that entire message box line was missing from the theme's fonts xml, so i added in the default font xml line in the place. so that the size becomes default. but to no avail. changing it to 48 also didn't change anything :( 
thank u for help tho

@nurver9 actually could u please try installing that theme and do something? maybe some other xml files need tweaking..

i know i'm a bit of an asswipe here to ask u this when u urself are an author of a theme, but please would u help me out. 
exemplar is too dark mode for me, as i work or play in properly sunlit environments

Edited by chocoblin
4 hours ago, chocoblin said:

actually that entire message box line was missing from the theme's fonts xml

Yeah, things like that typically can occur with old downloads. It's why I advise people to not use outdated themes.

3 hours ago, chocoblin said:

actually could u please try installing that theme and do something? maybe some other xml files need tweaking..

I can take a look later tonight for you.

On 3/1/2022 at 3:57 AM, chocoblin said:

still no change :) actually that entire message box line was missing from the theme's fonts xml, so i added in the default font xml line in the place. so that the size becomes default. but to no avail. changing it to 48 also didn't change anything :( 
thank u for help tho

you working on that "Clean GUI Themes"? copy everything from the default one (be sure that its updated) copy everything except the .png´s that compose the theme, for example

battle-hud

main-hud

mainTCTexture

monster-info

PC_slots

PC-window

Pokemmo_ui

besides those files copy the entire default theme into your theme, it should work as good as new

On 3/1/2022 at 5:30 PM, nurver9 said:

Yeah, things like that typically can occur with old downloads. It's why I advise people to not use outdated themes.

I can take a look later tonight for you.

yes, please do. i'd be very grateful

13 hours ago, budadeth said:

you working on that "Clean GUI Themes"? copy everything from the default one (be sure that its updated) copy everything except the .png´s that compose the theme, for example

battle-hud

main-hud

mainTCTexture

monster-info

PC_slots

PC-window

Pokemmo_ui

besides those files copy the entire default theme into your theme, it should work as good as new

ok, i'll try it asap!

13 hours ago, budadeth said:

battle-hud

main-hud

mainTCTexture

monster-info

PC_slots

PC-window

Pokemmo_ui

do u know how happy i am right now? thank u so much! also, @nurver9, i ask for permission to use that dark mode speech bubbles if that's okay with u?