Kanto First Time League

I'll suggest Alakazam as its very good against lorelei and burno's fighting types and lastly you can I think use pidgeot or something else which you think your team is missing. You already got good team so I think you are good to go after that just make sure your pokemons got right moveset

Gyarados is an amazing pokemon that learns a lot of great moves, has useful ability and base stats to back them up as well, evolves early and it's easy to train.

Cloyster is purely amazing if you manage to get one with Skill Link- easily breaks most of Sturdy mons with Icicle Spear alone, Spike Cannon and Razor shell are useful as well.

If you picked Hitmonchan from the Dojo, it might be your best mon- having great coverage with elemental punches and recovery with drain punch and all of those moves powered up by it's ability, Hitmonchan can really beat the shit out of most pokemons E4 can throw at you.

I usually like to carry a pokemon that can use a special electric attack- Raichu can be very decent with it's speed and special attack, while Surf + Thunderbolt give you very good coverage.

Finally, good old Starmie is always appreciated although this one is more expensive as it requires TMs to actually function well, but I perceive Starmie as the absolutely best pokemon for the storyline (and you can trust me on this one, I have completed around 100+ storyline runs through Kanto).

Good luck!