Need an advice for EVs and Attacks

Hi ! I was looking for a topic where you can ask people’s opinion on how we should EV train our Pokémon.

I didn’t find it so i created this for my question.

I’ve just breeded a new Shiny Sableye to make him better but i don’t know what to do with his EVs and attacks. He is naive, keen eye nature. I’m not playing comp., but I want him to be good so, I’d like to have your opinion for the best EVs and attacks. 

sableye.jpg

If you don't play PvP, what use will you have for it?

Sableye is a Pokemon with a very versatile move pool and since you have 31 in attack and 30 in special attack, plus naive nature, you can turn him into either a physical sweeper, a special sweeper or a a mix sweeper.

In PvP it is mainly used as a tank but in PvE it's probably not the funniest way to play it.

So you plan on using it for gym reruns and trainer rebattle?

For gym rebattle I don't think he would be that great because of its lack of AoE moves.

For trainers it could be great thanks to the variety of moves it could learn.

Another thing you can do is to use it as a utility pokemon, with Thief, Dig, Rock Smash, Flash or Cut.

A nice little Thief with some others utility moves, could be great for example to farm the fossils and everstone because it is immune to normal type moves (so explosion and destruction don't matter)

Rock Smash to crush the rocks.

Dig to escape the cave.

Flash to have light in caves.

PS I Noticed that you are French, are you already in a Guild? 

On 10/2/2022 at 6:06 PM, ChoomeNase said:

Hi ! I was looking for a topic where you can ask people’s opinion on how we should EV train our Pokémon.

I didn’t find it so i created this for my question.

I’ve just breeded a new Shiny Sableye to make him better but i don’t know what to do with his EVs and attacks. He is naive, keen eye nature. I’m not playing comp., but I want him to be good so, I’d like to have your opinion for the best EVs and attacks. 

sableye.jpg

Sadly sableye has very little value from both atk and sp.atk and is most commonly ran with foul play, so ideally you want maybe bold, with 31 in hp, def, sp.def and speed, sp.atk and atk are both wasted there. Saying you dont play pvp, and then asking regarding stats is counterproductive lol