Add Achievements to PokeMMO

SpidgetFinner

Question

I don't know if this has ever been suggested before, but an idea I had to help spice up the game in what should be a relatively simple way was to add some achievements. These could be tailored for achieving certain milestones, and would reward players with various things from PokeYen to even possibly RP. 

PokeMMO has one major issue I've noticed for new players, and it's that you simply aren't informed of any of the changes or any of the new systems. There is literally no tutorial, and while that can be a good thing, for some it can be a little overwhelming to be greeted with some of these features, for example when they open the GTL for the first time. Through achievements, we could introduce newer players to these features and reward new and old players for completing various milestones. PokeMMO's unique and vast array of content lends itself perfectly to setting up an achievement system with a plethora of things. Below are some examples I have off the top of my head.

Achievement Ideas:

- Buy something from the GTL for the first time: 10 Great balls

- Choose your starter (could add a variation for each region): $2,500

- Beat a Gym: $10,000

- Beat all of one region's Gyms: $50,000

- Beat every Gym in PokeMMO: $100,000

- Have a complete OT dex (being such a big milestone, this could reward players with something unique such as the Training Link, or 500Rp or even 100RP. It could also be a unique vanity or something of the like)

- Become champion of a region: 30 Ultra Balls & $50,000

These examples are just from the top of my head, but I think they should get the point across. With 4 regions, 4 Champions, 20 Elite 4 Members, 32 Gym Leaders, a handful of Unique battles (Steven Stone for example) and so much more, there is potential for a very wide array of achievements. There could also be PvP based achievements, and even seasonal achievements with rewards tailored to their specific theme. We could even add achievements that encourage and reward shunting and breeding to encourage more people to get involved and invested in those features. The rewards don't all have to be PokeYen and can give players items they may need to help direct them toward other achievement organically. 

Please let me know what achievement ideas and rewards you would like, and what you think of the suggestion! Thank you for taking the time to read through it!!

1 answer to this question

On 10/22/2022 at 8:10 AM, SpidgetFinner said:

I don't know if this has ever been suggested before, but an idea I had to help spice up the game in what should be a relatively simple way was to add some achievements. These could be tailored for achieving certain milestones, and would reward players with various things from PokeYen to even possibly RP. 

PokeMMO has one major issue I've noticed for new players, and it's that you simply aren't informed of any of the changes or any of the new systems. There is literally no tutorial, and while that can be a good thing, for some it can be a little overwhelming to be greeted with some of these features, for example when they open the GTL for the first time. Through achievements, we could introduce newer players to these features and reward new and old players for completing various milestones. PokeMMO's unique and vast array of content lends itself perfectly to setting up an achievement system with a plethora of things. Below are some examples I have off the top of my head.

Achievement Ideas:

- Buy something from the GTL for the first time: 10 Great balls

- Choose your starter (could add a variation for each region): $2,500

- Beat a Gym: $10,000

- Beat all of one region's Gyms: $50,000

- Beat every Gym in PokeMMO: $100,000

- Have a complete OT dex (being such a big milestone, this could reward players with something unique such as the Training Link, or 500Rp or even 100RP. It could also be a unique vanity or something of the like)

- Become champion of a region: 30 Ultra Balls & $50,000

These examples are just from the top of my head, but I think they should get the point across. With 4 regions, 4 Champions, 20 Elite 4 Members, 32 Gym Leaders, a handful of Unique battles (Steven Stone for example) and so much more, there is potential for a very wide array of achievements. There could also be PvP based achievements, and even seasonal achievements with rewards tailored to their specific theme. We could even add achievements that encourage and reward shunting and breeding to encourage more people to get involved and invested in those features. The rewards don't all have to be PokeYen and can give players items they may need to help direct them toward other achievement organically. 

Please let me know what achievement ideas and rewards you would like, and what you think of the suggestion! Thank you for taking the time to read through it!!

Defeat Cynthia: Achievement Unlocked, receive Arceus