Increase Alpha Catchrate or Rethink Their Move Pool

concernedcitizen

Question

Seriously, depending how your stats roll you might catch it instantly or not in 40 encounters- and the value is not high enough for that range of variance.

It's extremely frustrating and currently feels haphazardly thrown together in an attempt to be "difficult" without considering the actual user experience.

Sure in base games throwing 40-50 balls to catch a legend is normal- but they generally aren't designed to hard counter catching strats with self heals and gaining stages to all their stats every couple turns.

I'm in a situation now where my main caught the thing in literally 2 balls because of how its stats rolled and using the exact same pokemon my alt can't catch it in over 30 attempts because hp and/or defense IV rolled just slightly lower meaning its either OHKO'd by literally anything or it full heals with giga drain.

Nearly an hour I've wasted for this thing who's value is marginal by comparison, this is a bad design which does nothing for the prestige or value of the catch and only infuriates certain players with unlucky RNG.

Edited by concernedcitizen

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet