Will Unown ever be available to be breed? A question and a suggestion from the one Unown lover.

IaraLuv

Question

I came to the game hoping I could make a "competitive" Unown, since it's one of my favorite Pokémon. Sadly, while every other Genderless Pokémon can breed with itself or Ditto, Unown is unable to breed at all with itself or even with Dittos. Will it ever be possible to be able to breed Unown and have them in the "genderless" group? If the answer is no then I don't mind. I can breed for Luvdisc instead, but Unown is also one of my dears and would hate to leave it hanging.

If what makes Unown not work is their different formes, I suggest maybe adding a NPC in the Unown ruins that can change the form of an Unown, and make all Unowns be born in a form the devs decide (I suggest ! and ?). The Unown form change should be able to be used on an Unown once, and only on Unowns that have been hatched from an egg, by offering Unowns of that very same form as a tribute (Maybe 5?). I think this would be a good compromise to both be able to choose an Unown form, as well as breeding them.

I would like a confirmation because... Well... I thought you honestly could, so I worked on this box...
Top = 1x31

Bottom left = 2x31
Bottom right = 0 Attack IV

Unown.png

6 answers to this question

The reason Unown can't breed is because it couldn't breed in the original games, and the reason it couldn't do it there...well probably harkening to the general rule that legendary pokemon can't breed. Now I know that Unown is technically not a legendary (hits every tick except for the part where you can get more than one of them in the same game), but several sources sort of treated them as such. So Unown sort of gets a big "kind of."

The reason problem doesn't have anything to do with deciding the letter because that's decided by a random value that can easily be assigned as soon as you get the egg. But hey! Wouldn't it be really cool if you just magically caught a 6x31 Unown? Don't quit now.

18 minutes ago, Kyklous said:

The reason Unown can't breed is because it couldn't breed in the original games, and the reason it couldn't do it there...well probably harkening to the general rule that legendary pokemon can't breed. Now I know that Unown is technically not a legendary (hits every tick except for the part where you can get more than one of them in the same game), but several sources sort of treated them as such. So Unown sort of gets a big "kind of."

Genderless Pokémon cannot breed with anything besides Ditto in the original as well, even to this very day. Yet in PokéMMO they all are able to breed not only with Ditto, but with themselves (check the attached image for an example). Unown is the only Pokémon lumped with "cannot breed" Pokémon. Not only that but in the original games there are certain outliers such as Nidorina and Nidoqueen who are unable to breed with anything besides Ditto, yet they have been tweaked to breed with other egg groups. Unown is the only seemingly left out, which is why I try to ask for a confirmation.

20 minutes ago, Kyklous said:

The reason problem doesn't have anything to do with deciding the letter because that's decided by a random value that can easily be assigned as soon as you get the egg. But hey! Wouldn't it be really cool if you just magically caught a 6x31 Unown? Don't quit now.

We cannot tell for sure unless mods and devs confirm this to us, I feel like. Catching a 5x31 0 Attack Unown (I did not want a 6x31 Unown because it doesn't uses attack at all) is extremely impossible, and will not be attained in this lifetime. I am more likely of quantum teleporting to an universe where I am a Goddess, rather than a successful Unown hunt (Specially because I want Unown !, a 1% encounter in and out of itself).

This rarer than what anybody else has done in this game ever, and I would rather quit than doing such an ordeal for what is, frankly, a really bad Pokémon.

I am aware of how bad Unown is competitively. I was still willing to put the effort to breed a perfect one and hunt for 1x31 and 2x31 for added breeding, but hunting the 5x31 0 Atk one with a nice nature to match? Impossible

genderless breeding.png

40 minutes ago, IaraLuv said:

Genderless Pokémon cannot breed with anything besides Ditto in the original as well, even to this very day. Yet in PokéMMO they all are able to breed not only with Ditto, but with themselves (check the attached image for an example). Unown is the only Pokémon lumped with "cannot breed" Pokémon. Not only that but in the original games there are certain outliers such as Nidorina and Nidoqueen who are unable to breed with anything besides Ditto, yet they have been tweaked to breed with other egg groups. Unown is the only seemingly left out, which is why I try to ask for a confirmation.

Just one correction. Pokémon in the "cannot breed" egg group could not breed with anything period. Not even Ditto. This was different from genderless pokémon who actually could breed with Ditto and is where all legends and baby pokemon ended up (and Nidorina/Nidoqueen for some reason). As you can see under Bulbapedia, pokémon like Beldum didn't belong in Undiscovered, but actual egg groups like Mineral.

2023-01-01.png.a02d58ddd9691b973db4bea801d80769.png1380469182_2023-01-01(1).png.ed04edb1795f76f119d5f2956cab5a2a.png31038627_2023-01-01(2).png.2c120e1e0620e4d8692bc9485da50a24.png

On 1/2/2023 at 1:55 AM, Kyklous said:

Just one correction. Pokémon in the "cannot breed" egg group could not breed with anything period. Not even Ditto. This was different from genderless pokémon who actually could breed with Ditto and is where all legends and baby pokemon ended up (and Nidorina/Nidoqueen for some reason). As you can see under Bulbapedia, pokémon like Beldum didn't belong in Undiscovered, but actual egg groups like Mineral.

2023-01-01.png.a02d58ddd9691b973db4bea801d80769.png1380469182_2023-01-01(1).png.ed04edb1795f76f119d5f2956cab5a2a.png31038627_2023-01-01(2).png.2c120e1e0620e4d8692bc9485da50a24.png

Wait a second... How they discovery that beldum are from Mineral Egg Group if he are Genderless(And can't breed with any mon except other beldum or ditto)?