Amoonguss and Electrode hidden abilities

Ponk

I noticed Amoonguss and Electrode (potentially others as well) aren't listed as having their hidden ability and are not available as alphas, but I know some have it from PvP stats and the GTL. Just wondering how they come about, were they only available for an event, is there a way to get them now save buying them etc.?

4 hours ago, Ponk said:

Okay, except the two I mentioned don't even show up as having a hidden ability in the Pokédex. Was wondering if there's a reason for that, or if there's a way to tell if there's any others?

The fact that they don't show up as having a hidden ability in the Pokédex is most likely just an oversight from the developers that will be fixed later on.

What these two species have in common is that they were never available as Alpha Pokémon, unlike every other Pokémon (I believe) that has its Hidden Ability available. They were exclusive to the Christmas event and could be encountered when picking up event-exclusive items in the overworld. Another thing they have in common is that non-hidden-ability Voltorbs and Foongi can be encountered the same way as fake items while doing the storyline of the Kanto, Hoenn and Unova regions. Supposedly disguising themselves as Pokéballs because of the resemblance.
While I'm not entirely sure that there aren't more than these two with the same issue in the Pokédex, I think it's highly unlikely. I hope this has been helpful.

2 hours ago, SacredDiver said:

The fact that they don't show up as having a hidden ability in the Pokédex is most likely just an oversight from the developers that will be fixed later on.

What these two species have in common is that they were never available as Alpha Pokémon, unlike every other Pokémon (I believe) that has its Hidden Ability available. They were exclusive to the Christmas event and could be encountered when picking up event-exclusive items in the overworld. Another thing they have in common is that non-hidden-ability Voltorbs and Foongi can be encountered the same way as fake items while doing the storyline of the Kanto, Hoenn and Unova regions. Supposedly disguising themselves as Pokéballs because of the resemblance.
While I'm not entirely sure that there aren't more than these two with the same issue in the Pokédex, I think it's highly unlikely. I hope this has been helpful.

Very helpful, that makes a lot more sense now. Thank you very much.

• 2 months later...