First OU sand team

Hi, im a new player (just finished all storylines) and am interested in playing ou.
I have a team mostly figured out but id like some criticism/suggestions any help would be welcome.

The team im thinking of goes like this

Hippowdon @ Smooth Rock  
Ability: Sand Stream  
EVs: 252 HP / 80 Def / 176 SpD  
Serious Nature  
- Stealth Rock  
- Slack Off  
- Earthquake  
- Ice Fang

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest  
Ability: Sand Stream  
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Ice Punch  
- Stone Edge  
- Pursuit  
- Earthquake

Scizor @ Choice Band  
Ability: Technician  
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD  
Adamant Nature  
- Bullet Punch  
- U-turn  
- Superpower

-???

Magnezone @ Choice Scarf  
Ability: Magnet Pull  
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe  
Timid Nature  
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SpA / 30 Spe  
- Thunderbolt  
- Volt Switch  
- Hidden Power [Fire]  

- Flash Cannon

This is what i have figured out up to now,

id like one more offensive and one defensive mon to give balance to the team

im thinking of a water type to shore up my fire weakness.

Im debating between Rotom Wash which is used heavily. Gastrodon which could be a great tank and spread burn with scald, or starmie which can spin and add offensive pressure.

and lastly im considering either contrary serperior as a sweeper, or ferrothorn as an extra tank and to stack passive damage.

again any help is appreciated

Well, weather-based teams focus on one that invokes that weather, and one or more that can exploit it. I see 2 that invoke but neither really exploit it. You have 2 pokes weak to water and grass, and another 2 that are weak to fire because they are steel. Added to this 2 weak to ground (Tar and Magnezone). I think you should focus more on not repeating so many types and try to build something with as many resistances as possible, if you add for example Serperior and Gastrodon as you said, you are excessively exposed to volcarona or serperior rivals with 1 turn more momentum than you , which would produce countless matchup losses with this type of mon.
I would suggest starting in PvP using something balanced without weather to learn the basic mechanics used in PvP, although if you want to use yes or yes sandstorm, it would be best to start with Ttar + Excadrill, while also trying to cover that weakness to ground and fight that provides you with that core.

Sand teams are more difficult to use than rain teams for example where you just slap Pelliper+Kingdra+Kabutos and already have a great HO core..

Sand teams could be played in a more balanced/stall way chipping the opponent or going straight for the sweep with sand abusers (excadrill).

So back to your team i will assume you want to play a more balanced/offense team:

-Pick one sand setter

-Pick 1/2 Sand abusers. Excadrill is a no-brainer here. Sand Veil Garchomp could be very annoying, giving the more OP mon in the meta a 1/5 chances to avoid any otherwise 100% accuracy attack is brutal (but very RNG reliable). I also tryed Sand Rush Stoutland and is not bad but very nish, it has good coverage moves in Crunch/Superpower/Wild Charge(to hit water types), STAB return and doesn't share the water/grass/ice weakness that are a threat to Sand, but is another mon weak to fighting...

-Pick some mons that can deal with your weakness. Magnezone is good for trapping skarmory/ferro/choice band scizor (as long as is already locked in a move and can't click U-turn). Storm Drain Gastrodon could help you with the water types, and reuniclus is a good option for handle the fighting types (Magic Guard makes him sand immune). RotomW could help with ground-ice threats.

-If after all that you still have room you cand pick a second sand inducer

https://pokepast.es/9dc62f1bdc0981bd

(This is a 5min quick example, has a lot to improve)