How do you recommend playing the story?

Hey. So a while ago I played loads of Pokemmo. Loved it, I completed Kanto and another map and got multiple pvp teams etc, was fun. But now I want to get back into the game but I struggle to decide what the best way is to play a new storyline. Should I try to catch pokemon with good stats or doesn't really matter? Should I buy pokemon that are great for the story or catch them myself? What do you do? Anything you recommend? Or are the pokemon that I use for the story generally not viable for anything else at all later in the game? Because I did try to play a new story a while back but I felt it was so slow because I wanted to do it too perfectly, with good stats etc. I kinda like to play it the old way, dont care that much about it, but at the same time, maybe that's a shame and the pokemon from story are important for the rest in the game? Thanks.

Hello, I recommend that you start directly in Unova, so you will have the day care unlocked in it to breed the pokemons to use in the other regions, apart from the fact that its pokemon league is the easiest, don't worry about the PvP, for that create others fully competitive teams, for the adventure team, only if they have acceptable IVS and EVS at 252 at their respective strength points or 252 at one point, 130 at another 2, depending on the pokemon, good attacks, region passes, to buy If you are a race for the teams that will be used in other regions, buy Dittos, with the information filter, you can search with the IVs, Nature, that you want, since they can be crossed with almost all pokemon, of course, there are exceptions, like Elekid o Magby that cannot breed, and are trained by the EVS, there are areas where hordes appear, here is a link where you can find different guides, especially the more detailed EVS training:

https://forums.pokemmo.com/index.php?/forum/26-guide-tavern/

Additionally: in any of the Day Care, there is an NPC, that sells the bracers so that the baby inherits the Ditto´s IV, also the Ability capsule in case you don´t get the ability you want

Edited by SnowMoon
translation error correction

@Grazzle Hello there!

Welcome back to PokeMMO! I see you are a 2012 player. It's great to see you return and I hope you have an amazing time diving back into the game.

When it comes to starting a new storyline, don't stress too much about catching Pokémon with perfect stats. While having Pokémon with good stats can certainly be beneficial for competitive play later on, it's not necessary at all for enjoying the story and progressing through the game.

You have the freedom to choose whether you want to catch Pokémon yourself or buy ones that are considered great for the story. Both options have their merits. Catching Pokémon yourself can be an exciting and immersive experience, allowing you to explore different areas and encounter a wide variety of Pokémon. On the other hand, buying Pokémon that are recommended for the story can provide you with a reliable team right from the start, allowing you to progress smoothly without worrying too much about team composition.

The Pokémon you use for the story can still be valuable later in the game, depending on your playstyle and preferences. While some Pokémon may not be as viable in competitive battles, they can still be useful for completing other quests, exploring different regions, or simply enjoying the diverse world of PokeMMO. So, don't feel pressured to make every decision based on long-term viability. Feel free to embrace the old-school charm and enjoy the storyline at your own pace.

Once again, welcome back to PokeMMO, and I wish you the best of luck on your new adventure!

You can find me on game by

MightyMichele 

5 hours ago, Grazzle said:

Hey. So a while ago I played loads of Pokemmo. Loved it, I completed Kanto and another map and got multiple pvp teams etc, was fun. But now I want to get back into the game but I struggle to decide what the best way is to play a new storyline. Should I try to catch pokemon with good stats or doesn't really matter? Should I buy pokemon that are great for the story or catch them myself? What do you do? Anything you recommend? Or are the pokemon that I use for the story generally not viable for anything else at all later in the game? Because I did try to play a new story a while back but I felt it was so slow because I wanted to do it too perfectly, with good stats etc. I kinda like to play it the old way, dont care that much about it, but at the same time, maybe that's a shame and the pokemon from story are important for the rest in the game? Thanks.

Man, I just tell you that I've finished FireRed, Emerald, and Platinum by only using monsters that I've caught during the main history, so don't worry too much about competitive stuff for now 🙂 you will definitely have a very good time coming back now