[MOD] Gen 2 OST in Johto/Kanto (PC/Android, hopefully)

Hey! The sequel to my previous mod! Woah!

The title says it all. This mod replaces the music in Johto and Kanto with their Gen 2 (Gold/Silver/Crystal) counterparts, for those who want the classic background music. Unlike last time though, this one on its own should be compatible with PC and Android right off the bat!

=======================

KNOWN ISSUES/QUIRKS:

-Music, once again, doesn't loop. Battle themes and other short themes have been greatly extended as a result.

-Some music isn't changed, as not all of the Music ID's have been discovered.

-IF YOU FIND UNCHANGED MUSIC, please use /bgm in chat and check your local chat tab. Then leave a comment for where it is and the ID. I'll most likely have it fixed in under 24 hours :3

-In the Kanto mod, not all tracks are changed to GSC counterparts. This is because not all RBY tracks had GSC counterparts, and instead use their RBY versions.

-In the Johto mod, some tracks use their HGSS GB-Sounds counterparts, because they didn't exist in GSC. Notably Route 47, the Safari Zone, and the Global terminal

=======================

Downloads:

the Gen 2 OST mod 

my other classic mods, linked because they might pair well with these:

the Gen 1 OST mod I made

the Gen 2 GUI mod I made called "gen 2 revived" (im not good at names)

special thanks to MugiwaraMeeseeks because I couldn't beat the postgame Johto League to get the Champion theme ID. They happened to be in the champion fight when I asked chat. Thank you so much!

image.png

have a nice day :3

Edited by Amutsuri
i forgot one of the quirks, again
1 hour ago, JaegerLeo said:

Hey there, this is JaegerLeo, as promised I downloaded your mod and so far there are 2 towns without its respective OST, first one is Mahogany Town (BGM 4/1026) and blackthorn city (BGM 4/1027) should be an easy fix, thank you so much for your effort!

That's a genuine mistake on my part! Give me a couple hours and it'll be fixed

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Just tried this mod in the Android version. Initially, it failed because of the zip file possibly being compressed, but I managed to solve by recreating the zip file without compression and sending it again to my device. After that, it worked fine in the Johto region, where the original HeartGold musics were replaced by GBC ones.

One thing I noticed, is that the music volume of some songs are louder than others. The Goldenrod music theme volume was normal to me, but when I fought another trainer in the stairs below, the battle volume was way louder than the other songs. Maybe normalizing music volume would improve the experience.