Help me improve my new team.

Hi, I came back recently from a like 2 years hiatus from pokemmo. This is the only mmo where you can do something like that and when you comeback, everything still as useful as when you leaved.

I love competitive pvp but at certain point, during 2020, the meta was just always the same(conkeldurr reign time) so I got bored, but now with HAs and legendaries seems fun again, this game has improved a lot on PVE also.

Well, I did top 100(low like 90-80) around 2020 when I was on my peak, but metagame is really different now. I need to learn new mechanics and adapt to the way different meta. Im really rusty now, and my teambuilding capacity it´s just atrocius, after a few trys, i got some succeed with this team. It´s built around togekiss as I love him but he doesnt seem so much play, I understand a bit why after playing him, just because Volca or Serperior are just better doing the same. The problem is that the team is working fine outside Togekiss.

Spoiler

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
-Close Combat
-Fake Out
-Rock Slide
-U-turn

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Beam
-Scald
-Recover

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
-Pursuit
-Rock Slide
-Crunch
-Superpower

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
-Air Slash
-Thunder Wave
-Roost
-Nasty Plot

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
-Rapid Spin
-Ice Beam
-Scald
-Thunderbolt

Weezing @ Leftovers
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
-Flamethrower
-Pain Split
-Will-O-Wisp
-Haze

Gastrodon is Physical invested as he is a really good check for Garchomp, Nite, rain teams, even scizor sometimes. Outside of being the absolute Rotom counter.

Im feeling Im lacking against earthquakes and certain menaces like Serperior and any poke that boost himself, as my only true counter is usually weezing and he cant beat them all. Also im suffering lack of prio moves and suffer a lot against fast-boosted sweepers.

Edited by PeterParquet
better comprenheison
6 hours ago, PeterParquet said:

Hi, I came back recently from a like 2 years hiatus from pokemmo. This is the only mmo where you can do something like that and when you comeback, everything still as useful as when you leaved.

I love competitive pvp but at certain point, during 2020, the meta was just always the same(conkeldurr reign time) so I got bored, but now with HAs and legendaries seems fun again, this game has improved a lot on PVE also.

Well, I did top 100(low like 90-80) around 2020 when I was on my peak, but metagame is really different now. I need to learn new mechanics and adapt to the way different meta. Im really rusty now, and my teambuilding capacity it´s just atrocius, after a few trys, i got some succeed with this team. It´s built around togekiss as I love him but he doesnt seem so much play, I understand a bit why after playing him, just because Volca or Serperior are just better doing the same. The problem is that the team is working fine outside Togekiss.

Reveal hidden contents

Mienshao @ Life Orb
Ability: Regenerator
-Close Combat
-Fake Out
-Rock Slide
-U-turn

Gastrodon @ Leftovers
Ability: Storm Drain
-Stealth Rock
-Ice Beam
-Scald
-Recover

Tyranitar @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sand Stream
-Pursuit
-Rock Slide
-Crunch
-Superpower

Togekiss @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
-Air Slash
-Thunder Wave
-Roost
-Nasty Plot

Starmie @ Life Orb
Ability: Natural Cure
-Rapid Spin
-Ice Beam
-Scald
-Thunderbolt

Weezing @ Leftovers
Ability: Neutralizing Gas
-Flamethrower
-Pain Split
-Will-O-Wisp
-Haze

Gastrodon is Physical invested as he is a really good check for Garchomp, Nite, rain teams, even scizor sometimes. Outside of being the absolute Rotom counter.

Togekiss nowadays is not that great. Now we have Raikou, Suicune, the Serperior you mentioned, Volca. Togekiss was literally a Victim of the Power Creep ™️ , it aren't worthy using it over other mons that are simply better offensively, also defensive Togekiss is not that great because the offenses are very powerful now, while all Togekiss got is lose 8 PP on both Roost and Softboiled.

Also, two things about using gastrodon:

1 - It aren't a rotom counter. Basically both cannot touch each other. They can force a Stale position with rotom and that's it. "Rotom can be toxic'ed" and on same way he can toxic your gastro.

2 - If you run Gastrodon, you're not running Jellicent and you had no 100% answer to suicune.