IDEA: A PokeMMO specific lobby/gathering hall

Basically the title. I've seen a couple of youtube videos on huge creator specifically the "escape room" trend where they make custom maps of certain Pokemon generations and solve a puzzle to escape and it got me thinking what if we can make a "map" or an area that is exclusive to be a hangout place. Recently got addicted to the game and I've spent hundreds of hours playing this game and it got me thinking that what more could the devs add to spice up the game and lo and behold, a Gathering hall, like most MMO games.
How it works:

• A gathering hall for all players accessible by boat at a certain point; similar to when you move to another region post 4th gym for the 1st time

Value Proposition:

• A glorified Quality of Life place
  • convenient for events
  • A lot of PC for easier trade (specifically ditto boxes)
  • An easy-to-access everything Mart including BP
  • convenient for meetups
  • Convenient for trade-ups, be it Pokemon or items
  • potential real-estate??? (something like the Hoenn hidden bases but houses u can buy) (maybe can be even team/guild specific where only members can access it)
  • another place for berry farming
  • A COOL PLACE TO HANGOUT

Cons:

• We already have all of these things (wow what a surprise)

That is all, thank you for reading, Good luck shiny hunting...

1 hour ago, Oddknott said:

Basically the title. I've seen a couple of youtube videos on huge creator specifically the "escape room" trend where they make custom maps of certain Pokemon generations and solve a puzzle to escape and it got me thinking what if we can make a "map" or an area that is exclusive to be a hangout place. Recently got addicted to the game and I've spent hundreds of hours playing this game and it got me thinking that what more could the devs add to spice up the game and lo and behold, a Gathering hall, like most MMO games.
How it works:

• A gathering hall for all players accessible by boat at a certain point; similar to when you move to another region post 4th gym for the 1st time

Value Proposition:

• A glorified Quality of Life place
  • convenient for events
  • A lot of PC for easier trade (specifically ditto boxes)
  • An easy-to-access everything Mart including BP
  • convenient for meetups
  • Convenient for trade-ups, be it Pokemon or items
  • potential real-estate??? (something like the Hoenn hidden bases but houses u can buy) (maybe can be even team/guild specific where only members can access it)
  • another place for berry farming
  • A COOL PLACE TO HANGOUT

Cons:

• We already have all of these things (wow what a surprise)

That is all, thank you for reading, Good luck shiny hunting...

i kinda suggested something on that vein, a "PokéMMO Island" that would be equipped with marts and even colored arenas for tournaments.
However, the only thing i'm against on your suggestion is that every player could acess it after 4th gym: I think they to acess the island should have a pass, that they obtain after getting 3 Rainbow Shards. How they get the rainbow shards? Beating e4. One region defeated, you gain one shard, so you need to beat 3 regions and you're ready to go the island. So we won't have a random noob with a lvl 12 rattata bothering you.

7 hours ago, caioxlive13 said:

i kinda suggested something on that vein, a "PokéMMO Island" that would be equipped with marts and even colored arenas for tournaments.
However, the only thing i'm against on your suggestion is that every player could acess it after 4th gym: I think they to acess the island should have a pass, that they obtain after getting 3 Rainbow Shards. How they get the rainbow shards? Beating e4. One region defeated, you gain one shard, so you need to beat 3 regions and you're ready to go the island. So we won't have a random noob with a lvl 12 rattata bothering you.

Ig thats a good point

• Elizn locked this topic