BALANCE OF DIFFICULTY FOR EVERYONE (EQUILIBRIO DE DIFICULTAD PARA TODOS)

NoEsTuPeo

Question

TRANSCRIPCIÓN EN ESPAÑOL:

Es bien sabido que PokeMMO tiene su grado de dificultad, eso lo hace "especial", sin embargo últimamente los desarrolladores están encaminando el juego prácticamente a los jugadores veteranos y más TOP, esto porque por ejemplo ciertos eventos (Como la batalla con Ho-Oh, jefes de eventos, etc) son muy "rotos" (difíciles) que requieren de jugadores con mucho dinero (Por no decir demasiado) para poder armar un equipo que puedan hacerles frentes, y eso sin contar los objetos de curación/batallas que se necesita adquirir. Siempre en cada actualización dicen: "equilibrio del juego" y yo me pregunto... ¿Dónde está la equidad para los jugadores novatos o nuevos? Esto lo que genera es descontento a los jugadores nuevos y que apenas consiguen un poco de capital (dinero) para armar un equipo descente; En mi opinión personal, pienso que deberían plantear este aspecto como un beneficio para toda la comunidad y no a un bando determinado.

Para estos eventos sugiero que se podría aplicar 2 mecánicas, es decir una opción que a la hora de enfrentar algún jefe (Como el rey calabaza, etc.) permita equilibrar la dificultad para toda la comunidad (Novatos y Veteranos), mas sin embargo tendría sus contras y pros:

º La primera mecánica es para aquellos jugadores que busquen un grado de dificultad alto. Básicamente seria mantener la misma dificultad que está actualmente. El jugador tendría más beneficios; es decir obtener mas recompensas.

º La segunda mecánica estaría mas enfocado para aquellos jugadores nuevos, sin mucho capital o inexpertos en estrategias. Por ejemplo: se reduciría la dificultad con un jefe (pero no a un punto fácil) sin embargo obtendría menos recompensas.

Con estas ideas creo que seria un buen equilibrio que beneficie a todos.

TRANSCRIPT IN ENGLISH:

It is well known that PokeMMO has its degree of difficulty, that makes it "special", however lately the developers are targeting the game practically at veteran and more TOP players, this because for example certain events (such as the battle with Ho-Oh , event bosses, etc.) are "broken" (difficult) that require players with a lot of money (not to say too much) to be able to put together a team that can face them, and that is without counting the healing/battle items that are needed acquire. In every update they always say: "game balance" and I wonder... Where is the fairness for novice or new players? What this generates is discontent among new players who barely get a little capital (money) to put together a decent team; In my personal opinion, I think they should consider this aspect as a benefit for the entire community and not for a specific side.

For these events I suggest that 2 mechanics could be applied, that is, an option that when facing a boss (Like the Pumpkin King, etc.) allows balancing the difficulty for the entire community (Novices and Veterans), but however it would have Its cons and pros:

º The first mechanic is for those players looking for a high degree of difficulty. Basically it would be maintaining the same difficulty as it currently is. The player would have more benefits; That is, get more rewards.

º The second mechanic would be more focused on those new players, without much capital or inexperienced in strategies. For example: the difficulty with a boss would be reduced (but not to an easy point) however you would get fewer rewards.

With these ideas I think it would be a good balance that benefits everyone.

1 answer to this question

Don't get me wrong but the game is well balanced.
Every single MMO has a learning curve. And every MMO rewards people who grind harder and more efficiently.
You can speedrun a region like Johto in less than 6 hours easily.

The game is incredibly noob friendly, even though the battles are harder than normal Pokemon.

It's up to you to put effort on the things and feel rewarded when you are able to achieve them.

The event is 12 days long. It's more than enough time to farm enough money to make a team good enough for any of the bosses.

You are not meant to be able to defeat a Boss fight after playing a game for just a couple of hours or days, and if you grind properly, you actually can.

And just before you say that this is my view because I've been playing this game for long or whatever, this is my first event.