Does Klutz Switcheroo with Assault Gear still work on Alphas?

Building out an Alpha catching team. So far I've got the Contrary Spinda, the Soak Smeargle, and I'll build the Substitute Breloom.

But as far as preventing healing via moves like Rest, can you still give Alphas the Assault Gear to prevent stuff like this?

Additionally, if anybody has recommendations for how to round the team please let me know. I've heard Prankster Murkrow with Haze is useful, but don't know much about it or how often I would realistically need to reset all stats.

26 minutes ago, mateusvictor said:

yes trick/sweetchroo work but need carefull to "struggle" confronting pokemons with many moves status

you can use a pokemon with Heal Block but it only lasts 5 turns

Screenshotfrom2023-11-1120-21-57.png.aceca5a0a0c148aeae7f271817b05497.png

Is there much of a point in bringing Murk and Skun to 100? Couldn't they do what they do at level 1 with like a Focus Sash?

1 minute ago, SphealTeamSix said:

Is there much of a point in bringing Murk and Skun to 100? Couldn't they do what they do at level 1 with like a Focus Sash?

Murkrow yes but skun you would need to tank well or have the speed to use Screench 2x (-4 and -6) or 1x Screench + 1x memento

I use skuntank more for when I don't want to spend repels either and try to spend less repels

1 hour ago, SphealTeamSix said:

Additionally, if anybody has recommendations for how to round the team please let me know. I've heard Prankster Murkrow with Haze is useful, but don't know much about it or how often I would realistically need to reset all stats.

Usually you wouldn't need to reset the stats. Murkrow is for emergencys, like for example, a alpha with Superpower/Leaf storm. 
Better to ask when an alpha swarm is avaliable to people link the alpha on global to reveal the set. If has no such dangerous move that reverts stats, lead with Spinda. If has, let him out of the battle.

Edited by caioxlive13
6 minutes ago, caioxlive13 said:

Usually you wouldn't need to reset the stats. Murkrow is for emergencys, like for example, a alpha with Superpower/Leaf storm. 
Better to ask when an alpha swarm is avaliable to people link the alpha on global to reveal the set. If has no such dangerous move that reverts stats, lead with Spinda. If has, let him out of the battle.

there is the RNG of the alpha reversing the debuffs and turning them into buffs

Just now, caioxlive13 said:

Wait, is that a thing? I doesn't catch alphas in a while, but back when i did after gets contrary they would always debuff itself

it was a nerf to contrary, but it doesn't happen often, the alpha gets indignant and reverts the debuffs for example to -5 and becomes +5, but contrary keeps decreasing

1 hour ago, mateusvictor said:

Murkrow yes but skun you would need to tank well or have the speed to use Screench 2x (-4 and -6) or 1x Screench + 1x memento

I use skuntank more for when I don't want to spend repels either and try to spend less repels

So an ideal alpha-catching team would involve Murkrow, Skuntank (assuming 4x31 natured), Spinda, Swoobat, Breloom, and Smeargle and it would STILL boil down to RNG right?

God that's annoying...

5 minutes ago, SphealTeamSix said:

So an ideal alpha-catching team would involve Murkrow, Skuntank (assuming 4x31 natured), Spinda, Swoobat, Breloom, and Smeargle and it would STILL boil down to RNG right?

God that's annoying...

Arceus have mercy on us. I miss the times when you could just go with a Spinda and a Smeargle/Breloom and be happy.
I'm wondering why make alpha harder to catch? Why not simply make them a boss fight, like minibosses, and after we won we could try to catch a Alpha mon weakened that 100% sure that wouldn't attack and would be down to 1 HP(and statused.).

15 minutes ago, SphealTeamSix said:

God that's annoying...

required I would say would only be spinda, breloom and murkrow
skuntank is optional, swoobat a way to remove status healing and make it easier to debuff with simple beam and screench for False swipe to deal more damage