Help with my first Comp Team

Hello All --

Somewhat new player to Pokemmo here, this is my first post on the forums and I have about 250 hours played and started early Fall 2023. I'm trying to get into the PVP scene and feel like I'm starting to get a better understanding of ranked, current meta and how to be successful but acknowledge there's probably gaps in my strategy that I am completely unaware of. I've played around with ~10 pokemon but keep coming back to the initial six below. I'll include a few others if you think I should change things up. Would love to hear honest, critical feedback - I won't take it personally! Also if there's other pokemon you think I should consider, please let me know! Thanks for reviewing. 

Lead:

Naughty Mamoswine

EVs 252 Atk, Speed

IVs 24/31/26/21/31/27

Focus Sash

Earthquake

Stealth Rock

Icicle Crash 

Ice Shard

Ability Snow cloak (not taking advantage of this at all currently..)

Quiet Arcanine (I know nature here isn't ideal, not sure how big of a deal this is?)

EVs 252 Atk, Speed

IVs 24/27/30/23/21/21

Life Orb

ExtremeSpeed

Flare Blitz

Wild Charge

Close Combat

Ability: Intimiate

Adamant Metagross

252 Atk/Speed

IVs 31/31/14/10/14/31

Rocky Helmet

Earthquake

Meteor Mash

Bullet Punch

Psychic (should I change this to Ice Punch or something else for coverage?)

Ability: Clear Body

Timid Serperior

252 Sp Atk / Speed

31/16/18/31/4/31

Leftovers

HP Fire

Dragon Pulse

Substitue (not sure the strategy on how to use sub but was reading this may be a good idea)

Leaf Storm 

Ability: Contrary

Modest Hydreigon

252 sp atk/speed

31/16/31/31/31/31

Choice Scarf

Charge Beam

Dark Pulse

Draco Meteor

Flamethrower 

Ability: levitate 

Impish Gyrados 

252 Atk / Spd

31/31/23/20/28/31

Leftovers

Crunch

Waterfall 

Dragon Dance

Thrash

Ability: Intimidate

Other Pokemon "PVP" ready with 2+ 31 IVs with their abilities:

Drizzle Pelipper, Magic Bounce Espeon, Pressure Zapdos, Rough Skin Garchomp, download Porygon-Z, Natural Cure Starmie, Flame Body Vocarona, Abomasnow

LMK what you think! Thanks so much.

Edited by tommysoprano
On 1/24/2024 at 1:26 PM, tommysoprano said:

Hello All --

Somewhat new player to Pokemmo here, this is my first post on the forums and I have about 250 hours played and started early Fall 2023. I'm trying to get into the PVP scene and feel like I'm starting to get a better understanding of ranked, current meta and how to be successful but acknowledge there's probably gaps in my strategy that I am completely unaware of. I've played around with ~10 pokemon but keep coming back to the initial six below. I'll include a few others if you think I should change things up. Would love to hear honest, critical feedback - I won't take it personally! Also if there's other pokemon you think I should consider, please let me know! Thanks for reviewing. 

Lead:

Naughty Mamoswine

EVs 252 Atk, Speed

IVs 24/31/26/21/31/27

Focus Sash

Earthquake

Stealth Rock

Icicle Crash 

Ice Shard

Ability Snow cloak (not taking advantage of this at all currently..)

Quiet Arcanine (I know nature here isn't ideal, not sure how big of a deal this is?)

EVs 252 Atk, Speed

IVs 24/27/30/23/21/21

Life Orb

ExtremeSpeed

Flare Blitz

Wild Charge

Close Combat

Ability: Intimiate

Adamant Metagross

252 Atk/Speed

IVs 31/31/14/10/14/31

Rocky Helmet

Earthquake

Meteor Mash

Bullet Punch

Psychic (should I change this to Ice Punch or something else for coverage?)

Ability: Clear Body

Timid Serperior

252 Sp Atk / Speed

31/16/18/31/4/31

Leftovers

HP Fire

Dragon Pulse

Substitue (not sure the strategy on how to use sub but was reading this may be a good idea)

Leaf Storm 

Ability: Contrary

Modest Hydreigon

252 sp atk/speed

31/16/31/31/31/31

Choice Scarf

Charge Beam

Dark Pulse

Draco Meteor

Flamethrower 

Ability: levitate 

Impish Gyrados 

252 Atk / Spd

31/31/23/20/28/31

Leftovers

Crunch

Waterfall 

Dragon Dance

Thrash

Ability: Intimidate

Other Pokemon "PVP" ready with 2+ 31 IVs with their abilities:

Drizzle Pelipper, Magic Bounce Espeon, Pressure Zapdos, Rough Skin Garchomp, download Porygon-Z, Natural Cure Starmie, Flame Body Vocarona, Abomasnow

LMK what you think! Thanks so much.

Mamoswine can learn endeavor which could be useful since you're running a suicide lead. Nature should be jolly/adamant. 
Arcanine's moveset is okay, i don't think it's good in OU but it's your first team, the nature should be jolly/adamant as well. 
Since Metagross is Adamant, Psychic will hit less, Ice Punch would be a good replacement. 
Serperior is okay, you can also run defog over sub seeing your team has no hazard removal and you have a team with 2 mons 2x weak to stealth rocks (Gyara / Ark9)
On Hydre, U-Turn or focus blast might be better than charge beam, it doesn't really need that. 
If you want a sweeper then Gyarados should be jolly/adamant, waterfall/power whip/ice fang provide the best coverage overall. But it can also run bounce as a stab move, just note it will take two turns to attack unless you run power herb. 

Have fun!