Petit Cup 2

Hey guys

Apologies to everyone that made a challonge account, but we have changed the registration format.
The new format is as follows:

[u][size=5][color=#282828][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]Registration:[/font][/color][/size][/u]
[size=5][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#B22222]Registration will be done with random generation. [/color][/font][/size]
[size=5][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][color=#B22222]Please post in this thread with your IGN from the 2nd of May 6pm EST (based on forum time).[/color][/font][/size]
[color=#B22222][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=5]All unique registrations in the 15 minutes following registration opening will be randomized to form the participants and reserves lists.[/size][/font][/color]
[color=#B22222][font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif][size=5]After the 15 minute period registrations will be closed and the lists will be generated.[/size][/font][/color]

[font=helvetica, arial, sans-serif]We're hoping that this registration method will be fairer on those with slower computers and/or connections. It should also solve the issue of multiple signups for the one IGN, as all unique registrations during the time period are counted.[/font]

[quote name='ThinkNice' timestamp='1367147451' post='310167']
Oh great now you can get punished for having a fast computer. Yep very nicelt thought out plan. Especially for the 'bigger' tournaments, I don't care about this one.
[/quote]

Nobody gets punished for having a fast or slow computer, everyone has exactly the same chance, hence I don't see how anyone could have an issue with this...

[quote name='ThinkNice' timestamp='1367148293' post='310175']
It's pretty obvious, I could be the first to register but if there are like 100 sign ups I have a fair chance of not getting in although I am the first to register.
[/quote]

So you're saying you should be rewarded for having a faster computer than everyone else? That's a ridiculous concept.

[quote name='xLuKeYx' timestamp='1367148577' post='310181']

So you're saying you should be rewarded for having a faster computer than everyone else? That's a ridiculous concept.
[/quote]
I love how you twist my words instead of thinking of an argument. It's a 64 man tournament even Volpe got in the Kanto Cup with his toaster. Judging by your logic people should be awarded for having a slow computer? Let's be fair here if your are in time for a 64 man tournament registration and you time your refresh/post right (taking in account the slowness of your PC) you have a good shot at getting in even with a slow PC. >64<

[quote name='ThinkNice' timestamp='1367149020' post='310187']
I love how you twist my words instead of thinking of an argument. It's a 64 man tournament even Volpe got in the Kanto Cup with his toaster. Judging by your logic people should be awarded for having a slow computer? Let's be fair here if your are in time for a 64 man tournament registration and you time your refresh/post right (taking in account the slowness of your PC) you have a good shot at getting in even with a slow PC. >64<
[/quote]

I didn't have to twist anything, you made your argument sound stupid on your own.

In the interest of fairness, everyone must have an equal chance regardless of signup time, otherwise there is no way of compensating for people's slower PC's/internet connections.

[quote name='ThinkNice' timestamp='1367147451' post='310167']
Oh great now you can get punished for having a fast computer. Yep very nicelt thought out plan. Especially for the 'bigger' tournaments, I don't care about this one.
[/quote]

A fifteen minute time period is ridiculous. No computer out there takes 15 freaking minutes to post. Not even freaking a Windows 95 computer. Five minute period? Fine, I can understand it. But FIFTEEN? Jesus, it's like showing up 15 minutes late to work every day and winning the employee of the month award.

[quote name='xLuKeYx' timestamp='1367148577' post='310181']

[/quote][quote name='xLuKeYx' timestamp='1367149365' post='310194']

I didn't have to twist anything, you made your argument sound stupid on your own.
[/quote]
So basically what you are saying is: registration #91 gets in but registration #20 doesn't and gets placed as 10th reserve because of RNG is NOT a ridiculous concept? There is no point on 'discussing' with you further as you haven't even tried to constructively back your opinion up. Please wake up there is no 'fairness' in RNG.

If I could make it on my wooden laptop with poverty internet anyone can do it, now I have the same chance as the guy who's gonna bring a lvl 29 poke to the tournament or pack 3 quick claws and get DQ'd instantly.. As if RNG wasn't already a huge factor in tournaments let's also make it also a factor in the signups.. Brilliant

[quote name='ThinkNice' timestamp='1367149772' post='310201']
So basically what you are saying is: registration #91 gets in but registration #20 doesn't and gets placed as 10th reserve because of RNG is NOT a ridiculous concept?
[/quote]

No, it isn't. I'm glad you finally understand.

[quote name='NiceGuy' timestamp='1367151168' post='310214']
I can't see the picture beneath the spoiler, does anybody else have the same problem?
[/quote]
Yeah, its the site they uploaded it to. If you click its fine, it should be uploaded somewhere else though.
[spoiler][img]http://gyazo.com/a5aa7743d286eb4dddf40c5d98bc464e.png?1367151278[/img][/spoiler]

strychnine imo if we do something like that for a registration i think we should make the registration date earlier. Like jag sad, it would be extremely ridiculous if we prepare for a team right now and by the 2nd of may we're not gonna be able to play because a lot of people registered.

maybe move the time of registration earlier? something like april 30 or 29 would be perfect i think

[quote name='fany' timestamp='1367152678' post='310237']
strychnine imo if we do something like that for a registration i think we should make the registration date earlier. Like jag sad, it would be extremely ridiculous if we prepare for a team right now and by the 2nd of may we're not gonna be able to play because a lot of people registered.

maybe move the time of registration earlier? something like april 30 or 29 would be perfect i think
[/quote] ^

[quote name='fany' timestamp='1367152678' post='310237']

[/quote]
that

If you have a problem with the method of registration, please feel free to send me a PM or post in this [url="https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/14180-event-suggestions-feedback/"]thread[/url].

Other than that, please keep the discussion out of this thread.
Thank you.