[Implemented]Mail system

I think an implementation of a mail system, where you can trade Pokemon (basically with Cash on Delivery, but more of Pokemon/Cash on Delivery) with others that are offline/far away from you would be a great addition to the game. That way you can still trade with/send a message to others even if they're offline. They would have the option to accept the offer and provide a Pokemon/cash in return, in which the Original sender could then decline if he feels the Pokemon the other person is trading is not reasonable. This could also be used to transfer funds/Pokemon in between your own accounts.

It would be great, I don't know if there is a technincal limitation though since currently people have to be online to even recive friend request, once they get that figured out I would assume some form of mail will come.

Well you wouldn't be trading with someone unless you already talked to them about it.

Well you wouldn't be trading with someone unless you already talked to them about it.

What I mean is, I think the game is currently unable to know a player if they are offline, as in it lacks a database for inquiring if a user exist unless they are acutally present on the server. So without that, mail of any kind will be hard to do. That's just my observation though.

• 10 months later...

had an idea that could help improve social interaction a bit, and add more use for mail. What if there were mailboxes, or something added, that if you went and bought mail from one of the shops around the world, you could add items, or money into it, and mail it to other players, or your friends. A way to make sure people dont cheat to farm money, maybe you have to have so many badges before you can use the mail boxes. Then, when you get it, you see this colorful, raped mail, and open it up, and get your goodies.  :P It would make it so you don't have to add one item at a time, then trade, and all of that stuff. 

Wow,the only reason I havent sggested this as wellis I thought there was a thread, but apparently not.  1000% support, mail systems are pretty essential to mmo gameplay.  I assume they already have this planed though.

What I mean is, I think the game is currently unable to know a player if they are offline, as in it lacks a database for inquiring if a user exist unless they are acutally present on the server. So without that, mail of any kind will be hard to do. That's just my observation though.

Now my coding knowledge is very limited as I am not a coder, I simply can read and edit it and create basic codes, but this I could even handle.  All you need is a username variable.  Then simply call a check to it to see if the entered name matches in the username variable list.

I would think it's more a matter of them having to code a system that transfers the data to an offline players save files on the server or something like that.  But as I said I am not a coder just have dabbled in the field so I could be completely wrong.

A mail system has already been confirmed. Several of these threads have been removed on that understanding. Thanks for adding to the original, but that's kind of the point of the mail system, so I'm not sure what you're adding by saying "Mailboxes and items".

• 1 year later...