[Tool] PokeMMO Font Changer

[quote name='theGOLDENpotato' timestamp='1367276360' post='312682']
The PMFC.jar for me is a Jar File instead of executable jar file so when I open it it's just a bunch of code. I really need help :(
[/quote]

Thats really odd, do you know how to open Java programs using the command line?

(edit)

Guess i should expand this post.

Could you try opening the command line in windows (I'm assuming you are on windows), by pressing start and searching for (or running) [b]cmd[/b]. Then, find the location where PMFC was installed and move to it using "[b]cd folder/of/Pokemmo[/b]"

When done, try running PMFC by using the command [b]java -jar PMFC.jar[/b].

It should look something like this:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/8OUxwnf.png[/img]

The reason I'm asking you to do this is because I think there are two possible causes:

1: You have selected the wrong program to open a .jar with once, and Windows is now opening all jars using that program.
2: There is something wrong with your Java installation.

Let me know what you get as result :).

Ok it worked the file is now a Exe jar file but I open it and the title Pokemon MMO Font Changer pops up then it's gone. When I put my cursor over it it's the spinning blue wheel of :('s. I used task manager at the same time to see if it was on it but it never pops up on the Applications page thing. Sorry for all the problems

[quote name='theGOLDENpotato' timestamp='1367361242' post='314286']
Ok it worked the file is now a Exe jar file but I open it and the title Pokemon MMO Font Changer pops up then it's gone. When I put my cursor over it it's the spinning blue wheel of :('s. I used task manager at the same time to see if it was on it but it never pops up on the Applications page thing. Sorry for all the problems
[/quote]

Hm, that is very odd, good thing the application is starting now though. Sounds like you are being troubled by an internal error of PMFC, did you extract PMFC to the right location?

[quote name='Niklebust' timestamp='1367414130' post='315378']
Just a suggestion, maybe add a default style, in case someone messes up.
[/quote]

Not a bad idea, will include it in the next version. Will also make it available to download in the starting post.

[quote name='mikeweav90' timestamp='1367713996' post='320674']
i need help with this program, im unable to create a new style then save it, when I click save it doesn't do anything, I just want every font in the game too be bigger as its tiny on my monitor, any help will be much appreciated
[/quote]

This is most likely an error within PMFC itself. My guess is that some files are missing, but I can't say much about it without getting a little bit more info. Could you try running it using the command line (see [url="https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/2297-tool-pokemmo-font-changer/page__st__50#entry313197"]this post[/url] here for a quick tutorial) and give me the exception it generates in the command line window? It should look something like this:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/VZyuCnN.png[/img]

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

can you change that names to what it changes like trade / channel / normal / whispers please or atleast give a list of them what it does?

The first first idea, unfortunately not. Some font styles have so many uses it would be impossible to list them all or change the name to an all encompassing one. To the second idea, giving a list of what some fontDefs affect or change, already working on it :).

The first first idea, unfortunately not. Some font styles have so many uses it would be impossible to list them all or change the name to an all encompassing one. To the second idea, giving a list of what some fontDefs affect or change, already working on it :).

well i know they change alot but most people look for the actuall chat customizations i mean ive been messing with it for awhile an still dont know where they go xD

i was trying to make a list but to change each one will take hours an you already know what the basics of them do

i know the last 4 or so change the overworld names i believe its just all the middle ones i have no clue where they go was trying to make the fonts corraspond to the theme im using c:

an thanks for making the list man 

well i know they change alot but most people look for the actuall chat customizations i mean ive been messing with it for awhile an still dont know where they go xD

i was trying to make a list but to change each one will take hours an you already know what the basics of them do

i know the last 4 or so change the overworld names i believe its just all the middle ones i have no clue where they go was trying to make the fonts corraspond to the theme im using c:

an thanks for making the list man 

See the starting post for the table/list of which fontDef has an effect on what part of the game.

So I get this when I try to open the font changer. When I X out the window that says this, the program crashes.

[spoiler]java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Luke\Desktop\PokeMMO\New folder\data\themes\dopest fall gui\res\fonts\dino-archalias_00.png (The system cannot find the file specified)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at pmfc.io.FileCopier.copyFile(FileCopier.java:38)
    at pmfc.io.themeloader.themefontcopier.ThemeFontCopier.copyFontToFontChangerFontFolder(ThemeFontCopier.java:52)
    at pmfc.io.themeloader.themefontcopier.ThemeFontCopier.FilterFiles(ThemeFontCopier.java:39)
    at pmfc.io.themeloader.ThemeLoader.checkAndLoadUnknownFonts(ThemeLoader.java:52)
    at pmfc.io.themeloader.ThemeLoader.LoadThemes(ThemeLoader.java:38)
    at pmfc.run.StartController.<init>(StartController.java:30)
    at pmfc.run.PMFC.main(PMFC.java:21)[/spoiler]

So I get this when I try to open the font changer. When I X out the window that says this, the program crashes.

[spoiler]java.io.FileNotFoundException: C:\Users\Luke\Desktop\PokeMMO\New folder\data\themes\dopest fall gui\res\fonts\dino-archalias_00.png (The system cannot find the file specified)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.open(Native Method)
    at java.io.FileInputStream.<init>(Unknown Source)
    at pmfc.io.FileCopier.copyFile(FileCopier.java:38)
    at pmfc.io.themeloader.themefontcopier.ThemeFontCopier.copyFontToFontChangerFontFolder(ThemeFontCopier.java:52)
    at pmfc.io.themeloader.themefontcopier.ThemeFontCopier.FilterFiles(ThemeFontCopier.java:39)
    at pmfc.io.themeloader.ThemeLoader.checkAndLoadUnknownFonts(ThemeLoader.java:52)
    at pmfc.io.themeloader.ThemeLoader.LoadThemes(ThemeLoader.java:38)
    at pmfc.run.StartController.<init>(StartController.java:30)
    at pmfc.run.PMFC.main(PMFC.java:21)[/spoiler]

Hm, this error occurs becuase a file at a specified location does not exist. PMFC scans the themes that exist for fonts that arent known yet to PMFC, then copies the unkown fonts to the PMFC font folder. Apperently a font which one of the themes say should exist, doesn't exist at the location it should.

Could you open a file browser, and try to browse to "C:\Users\Luke\Desktop\PokeMMO\New folder\data\themes\dopest fall gui\res\fonts\dino-archalias_00.png"? If it opens an image, this means there's an error in PMFC itself which I'll have to look at.

And just to be sure: did you install PMFC at the right location?

The image does open. I put the PMFC files directly into my PokeMMO folder.

Now this is an interesting one :) I'll try to emulate your situation and come up with a fix for you to be released in the next version. Perhaps it has to do with any special characters or spaces in the filenames.

• 1 month later...

Unfortunately the development of this app is on temporary hiatus, not sure how long it will continue to work with the pokemmo theme system, but we'll see. Other responsibilities (RL related) make me unable to support it any longer.

Did have some fun creating this one though, and pokemmo in general. Perhaps I'll return when I'm somewhat less busy :).