NU/UU Warriors

We don´t have a problem with testing out new stuff, but randomly organizing a tournament without thinking it through will just result in a failass tournament like the fire type tournament and the johto cup.

With that said, I would almost want to say to boycott this shit. We don't need a nu tournament lmao

I am astounded that the staff has the gall to host an official tournament with an NU list with no prior discussion.

The competitive community should be the only ones to determine tier lists and official tournaments should be hosted according to those tier lists, as has been done with the OU/BL list. People had much discussion and many tentative tournaments before any official tournaments were hosted using the OU/BL tier list as a guideline.

You can't even determine the strength of individual Pokemon in this tier by hosting a tentative tournament in this environment. Having an NU only tournament would be the only way to accurately observe the strength of a Pokemon within the tier.

I don't even think there is enough disparity between the strength of most of these tentative "NU" Pokemon and the Pokemon currently regarded as UU to merit the creation of a separate NU list. However, if the creation of an NU list is something that is desired by the community, a discussion thread should be brought up in the first place and considered at length. Nevertheless, I believe many highly regarded competitive players would agree with me that there is no need for an NU tier at this time.

I am going to say this one last time, not every event/Tournament will suit everyone. If you want something standard there are two FNFs this month, feel free to enter those, it is up to you. Otherwise don't complain in this thread about something you don't have intention on entering.

The problem is the tournament being official and we don't have official list of NU pokémons.

but as always not every event will be of interest to every person in the community. 

I think it is not the point here. If the player doesn't have interest in the tournament, he can't discuss about it? The tournament doesn't need to please every member, but has to be reasonable.

I am going to say this one last time, not every event/Tournament will suit everyone. If you want something standard there are two FNFs this month, feel free to enter those, it is up to you. Otherwise don't complain in this thread about something you don't have intention on entering.

You are completely missing the point. It's not about whether or not people would want to enter the tournament itself, but the approach taken by the CMs regarding a matter that should be discussed by the community prior to the setting of any sort of precedent like as this tournament would do.

>staff inflates the market with beast shinies

>tells us it isn't our business

>staff logic

The problem is the tournament being official and we don't have official list of NU pokémons.

I think it is not the point here. If the player doesn't have interest in the tournament, he can't discuss about it? The tournament doesn't need to please every member, but has to be reasonable.

Official tournaments use an unofficial OU/BL list in some events, that does not make that list "Official". 

I think the best way to look at it, is just to think of it is to just think of it as any other tournament like the Petit Cup or the Taunt Cup for example. Don't think of it as the actual tier names of NU and UU, rather just think of it as a restricted tournament just named incorrectly. 

I think the best way to look at it, is just to think of it is to just think of it as any other tournament like the Petit Cup or the Taunt Cup for example. Don't think of it as the actual tier names of NU and UU, rather just think of it as a restricted tournament just named incorrectly. 

But the restrictions were not well thought out.

Official tournaments use an unofficial OU/BL list in some events, that does not make that list "Official". 

The thing being that the OU/BL list has had long discussion and been put into practice a lot (and was pinned)

The NU list has been deemed to be a bad idea with the current pool of pokemon/abilities available to us by a lot of the 'good' competitive players, with very little discussion or practice, so why is it being used in an official tournament?

inb4 deleted

Yes, but that list has 40 pages of discussion, not 2.

With a metagame that has 200ish pokemon, there isn't even need for an NU list. You're completely missing the point. This isn't some gimmick tournament, you're talking tiers now. And right now, this tier is not properly defined, and is not ready for competitive play. You are pretty much initiating a new competitive tier with no prior discussion, just shoving in pokemon from an unfinished and badly made list.

That is what's wrong here. It's not a matter of pleasing me or the other guy. I like NU's more than OU's, and I can only say that this is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in an NU tier.

But there a list, and is discussed by the players, so it is the closer we get of a official list. It is easier rate a OU pkm, but we need a UU list to rate NU pkms.

This is a Gimmick tournament. You use one Pokemon from the list Archinix provided. No need to get in an uproar about it, or to take it too seriously as you seem to of done. I could understand your complaints (to an extent) if this were a full NU Tournament, but it is not. It is a break from other standard tournaments; a gimmick Tournament. 

EDIT: Again, I am not going to tolerate your complaints regarding a tournament if have no interest in attending. It is not affecting you at all. If you have a legitimate complaint about an Official Tournament and how it is run please contact Squirtle. 

I don't see the issue with this, it is no different than limiting what you can chose to johto pokemon or whatever.  The list may be unaccurate but who cares, I don't think it is really going to break anything in this case.  If you still have a problem do as plague said and post in the thread and have the list modified.