PokeMMO Event Discussion: The Starter Art Contest [Results are posted]

This thread has been created for feedback on The PokeMMO Starter Art Contest.

I will be maintaining and hosting it. Feel free to send me a Private Message with any concerns/questions, or post them here. 

fennekin_by_radspyro-d5qufng.gif

The Results:

2nd Runner Up

Jindu

8lrchA7.jpg

1st Runner up

Kaera93

nNHSTWV.png

First place Winner:

UNkZEQD.png

Congratz to Brizo.

Thanks to all who submitted drawings, I enjoyed the entries. An album with the complete collection of submissions that qualified can be viewed here

Edited by Emlee
Added Judging Results

A few questions...

For digital works do we have to provide some sort of proof it is actually our work such as an early WIP? It's painfully easy to be an art thief when it comes to digital images. Are multiple entries allowed or is it one per person? What about including 2 or more Pokemon in one image?

~

This sounds like a fun contest. I like to think I'm a good artist, so I'll try to find time to enter.

A few questions...

For digital works do we have to provide some sort of proof it is actually our work such as an early WIP? It's painfully easy to be an art thief when it comes to digital images. Are multiple entries allowed or is it one per person? What about including 2 or more Pokemon in one image?

~

This sounds like a fun contest. I like to think I'm a good artist, so I'll try to find time to enter.

You do not need to provide proof that you created it in the submission thread, however it is very easy for myself or any of the judges to do Google image searches so anyone who wants to plagiarize should think twice before doing so.

It's just one entry per person, if you wish to include other pokemon in the image that is fine but it can only have one created Pokemon. Meaning you can only create one Starter evolution, and if you wish to add supplementary Pokemon (confirmed Pokemon) to the picture that is fine. 

I hope that you will enter, I look forward to seeing what people come up with and their unique styles. :)

Yet another question... Are these being judged based on skill or design? Or a combination of both? Despite it being after 2am I'm already sketching up ideas~

They will be judged on the overall drawing. Including all aspects that contribute such as both skill and design. Simply put be creative, do your very best and myself and the judges will pick our favourites over a discussion of the entries. 

:)

If we were to post a description with explanations for specific design choices that aren't obvious simply by looking (such as mythological references etc) would they be looked at too or only the image itself? Sorry for asking so many questions~

If we were to post a description with explanations for specific design choices that aren't obvious simply by looking (such as mythological references etc) would they be looked at too or only the image itself? Sorry for asking so many questions~

If you want to post an explanation you are more than welcome to. The judging will be still based on the drawing but I would love to know your explanation behind your artistic details :)

• 2 weeks later...