PokeMMO Event Discussion: Scavenger Hunt 3 Bug Theme

Just 1 thing to be 100% sure about the mechanics of this event.

• Times are recorded by the time of trade, and not catch times on the Pokemon

Which of these 2 scenarios is the correct one:

Scenario 1: You can catch pokemon any time starting from today (so to speak) and just present them to the staff at the date/hour of the event, be the first one to trade all 5 and you win.

Scenario 2: You can catch pokemon only after the event starts and show them to the staff. It doesn't matter if someone else caught the pokemon first, what matters is that you showed them in trade first.

So my question is: Pokemon are just valid if you caught them during the event right?

Scenario 1: You can catch pokemon any time starting from today (so to speak) and just present them to the staff at the date/hour of the event, be the first one to trade all 5 and you win.

Scenario 2: You can catch pokemon only after the event starts and show them to the staff. It doesn't matter if someone else caught the pokemon first, what matters is that you showed them in trade first.

So my question is: Pokemon are just valid if you caught them during the event right?

• Players must present Pokemon with their OT, caught during the Event and with the specified nature

the quote you're refering to has to do with times between players, ie who was first vs second

When you trade the Pokemon to use we check a few things, one of them being the catch time to ensure they're caught during the Event. We then record the approximate trade time (we use in game time for this) as a way of marking down your catch. If we come to the end of the Event and are unsure who finished first we can checked the trade times to see which person actually completed the Scavenger Hunt first. 

So no you cannot pass in Pokemon that are caught before the Event start time. Let me know if you need further clarification! 

When you trade the Pokemon to use we check a few things, one of them being the catch time to ensure they're caught during the Event. We then record the approximate trade time (we use in game time for this) as a way of marking down your catch. If we come to the end of the Event and are unsure who finished first we can checked the trade times to see which person actually completed the Scavenger Hunt first. 

So no you cannot pass in Pokemon that are caught before the Event start time. Let me know if you need further clarification! 

Works for me, thx.

Will there be a "sign up date/time" or just show up if you would like to participate? Also, will we be assigned which location to start from, or may we begin at any one of the designated locations?.. Does it matter in which order we visit the locations and hunt? (you probably dont want every participant bombarding one judge with trade requests at the start, while the other judges are all alone at their locations)

Will there be a "sign up date/time" or just show up if you would like to participate? Also, will we be assigned which location to start from, or may we begin at any one of the designated locations?.. Does it matter in which order we visit the locations and hunt? (you probably dont want every participant bombarding one judge with trade requests at the start, while the other judges are all alone at their locations)

The locations are stated in the thread along with the Staff member who will be at that location. Make sure you hand in all the Pokemon at the station at the same time though. (Paras is the only station that has one Pokemon).

There is no sign up, you can begin as soon as the event starts. You can complete the station in any order you wish to. 

You guys might as welll go to sleep during this event. This is all mine, and that shiny weedle (soon to be beedrill) its gonna be mine too. I have ancient chinese secret for catching things with certian natures, the only thing that will be trouble for me is heracross. Ive never been good at catching those things :/ . 

Serious note:  Ok so is this like the Rattata event where staff takes the pokemon and they keep it or between stations do we go to the pokemon center to make room for new pokemon? Also since there are certian natures on the pokemon, peoples parties are gonna get full quick. Since theres no other way im guessing well have to run all the way to a pokecenter and store the unqualified pokemon in the pc? Then run all the way back to search more? 

Ps: No need for long explanations for answers to these questions if you dont feel like explaining. just a simple right or wrong would work :P thanks

Serious note:  Ok so is this like the Rattata event where staff takes the pokemon and they keep it or between stations do we go to the pokemon center to make room for new pokemon? Also since there are certian natures on the pokemon, peoples parties are gonna get full quick. Since theres no other way im guessing well have to run all the way to a pokecenter and store the unqualified pokemon in the pc? Then run all the way back to search more? 

Ps: No need for long explanations for answers to these questions if you dont feel like explaining. just a simple right or wrong would work :P thanks

No we won't be keeping the Pokemon, we will just check them when you open a trade window with us, and then close it when we have you marked down if they qualify. Yes you most likely will need to run back to the Pokemon Center to retrieve the Pokemon with the correct natures. 

alright you guys the event is today!! This is the only way i can get shinys  :/ i suck at comp at the moment. But nobody has to show up :P ill be claiming my shiny weedle at around 7:30 EDT so everyone can show up to give me congrats at around 7:25. Early bird catches the worm :P

Good luck to u all

Hey so is this still going on? When will the CMs be at their stations so we can show them our catches?

Ignore this, I am stupid.

lol this guy^^

Edit: Also for the natures, do we catch one of each specified nature or both? for example," Kakuna Natures: Jolly and Careful" do we catch jolly and careful or just one of the two :/

Edited by RobPokeGod

lol this guy^^

Edit: Also for the natures, do we catch one of each specified nature or both? for example," Kakuna Natures: Jolly and Careful" do we catch jolly and careful or just one of the two :/

You are only required to catch one of each of the Pokemon. The natures and levels provided are your options.

For example:

• You cannot present a Lvl 3 Heracross with a Serious nature
  • You cannot present a Lvl 25 Heracross with a Jolly nature
  • You can present a Lvl 25 Heracross with a Serious nature

Just a reminder to all that you must present all the Pokemon required at the specific stations at the same time. For example to complete the Heracross and Ledyba station you need to present both of them in the same trade window, they will not be recorded individually. 

You went the farfetched eh ;) I got a marowak for the false swipe. Good luck!

I use farfetch'd because it can fly and false swipe, so that I can save space.

I guess it could also work with a marowak and dragonite, too.

You need surf and fly to get do this, though. If only dragonite could learn false swipe...