[Denied]Deep Magma Armor/Flame Body Mechanic

I began trying to think of a magma armor/flame body mechanic that would fit an MMO like this one.
I thought it would make sense if the eggs closest to the magma armor/flame body pokemon received a stronger decrease in the amount of steps it takes to hatch. For example: the egg right next to the magma armor/flame body pokemon takes 50% less steps to hatch than normal. Then the egg farther from the magma armor/flame body pokemon would take 25% less steps to hatch, then the egg farther from that would take 12.5% less steps to hatch and a pokemon next to that, and farther from that would be 6.25%, and farther from that (meaning the magma armor/flame body pokemon is at the very bottom of the party, and an egg is at the very top) would take 3.125% less steps to hatch. But then, if you put an egg between two magma armor/flame body pokemon, that egg will take 75% less steps to hatch. I think this would make the magma armor/flame body mechanic less OP, and more logical. If a chicken sits on one egg, and next to another, won't the one under the chicken receive more heat than the one next to the chicken? This way someone doesn't put one magcargo in their party and five eggs, and expect all the eggs to get a massive boost.

I was also thinking that an egg directly next to a magma armor/flame body pokemon can have a small chance of getting burned. Meaning there's like a 5% chance an egg next to the pokemon will burn and just disappear.

I know this may sound confusing in only words so I'll provide a picture explanation soon.

EDIT: adjusted numbers to make more sense.

EDIT: I made photos explaining it but I don't know how to upload them...

2wqyghy.jpg

It seems like this is a bit overpowered. As soon as egg #2 and #3 hatch, you just move #1 and #5 into the prime spots. Also, i'd rather just have all of my eggs hatch at the same time, even if these numbers prove to be balanced.

Thanks for the image :D

Yeah I did have that thought though... 

Although, the moving the eggs down does mean that people can't hatch batches at once. It means people have to wait until one has hatched to move them down. 

Edited by Emlee
Please do not triple post.

It seems like this is a bit overpowered.

And then what happens when you have more than one Pokemon with that ability in your party, surrounding eggs?

Also please use the edit button instead of posting separate posts, thank you.

And then what happens when you have more than one Pokemon with that ability in your party, surrounding eggs?

Then you can only have 2 or 3 eggs at a time, instead of hatching a batch of 5.

Also, sorry about the triple post my mind races and I forgot about the edit XD

EDIT: (see what I did thar?) there's also the chance that an egg can burn if it's directly next to a magma armor/flame body.

That's quite the kick in the teeth.
I'd rather it be implemented normally ,though I like that you've gone in depth with it.

Thank you :) I would normally assume they would just implement it normally, but after the changes they did to breeding (the 2x longer steps to hatch, etc) to balance the fact that this is an MMO, I thought I had a good idea to help balance the magma armor/flame body mechanic.

It could max out at either 75% or 80%

So if the team was

----egg-pkmn-egg-egg-pkmn-egg

1--75%--------75%-50%------12.5%

2--12.5%-----50%-75%-------75%

T--80%-------80%-80%-------80%

I know i am going regret saying this... and i know people want to have a decent reduction to their steps .. but 75% is alot . How about 50% and it maxes out at 60%

so now we get .

----egg-pkmn-egg-egg-pkmn-egg

1--50%--------50%-25%------6,25%

2--6,25%-----25%-50%-------50%

T--56,25%----60%-60%-------56,25%

I know i am going regret saying this... and i know people want to have a decent reduction to their steps .. but 75% is alot . How about 50% and it maxes out at 60%

Well I was thinking that since eggs already take 2x as many steps as normal on here to hatch, still 75% wouldn't even be the normal amount of steps in the regular games. Normal without even using magma armor/flame body! And anyway, it doesn't need to be these exact percentages. It's just an example. The devs could choose any percentages they want.

Magma Armor already halves the number of cycles an egg needs to hatch, and that affects all eggs in your party, and the same goes for Flame Body.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Magma_Armor_(Ability)

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Flame_Body_(Ability)

I honestly don't think they need any extra boost as it is. Not to mention that they will be fixing the issue with the steps being doubled soon™.

That's not what I was told by a certain CM *cough* *cough* Fabel *cough* *cough*

That's the actual effect of those abilities on eggs. I posted the links too. Also telling me that a certain CM told you something without offering proof doesn't help you at all. Plus you skipped over the part where I stated that they will address the issue with the number of steps in a later update. Sorry, but I see no reason to implement Magma Armor and Flame body this way when the original way was more balanced.

That's the actual effect of those abilities on eggs. I posted the links too. Also telling me that a certain CM told you something without offering proof doesn't help you at all. Plus you skipped over the part where I stated that they will address the issue with the number of steps in a later update. Sorry, but I see no reason to implement Magma Armor and Flame body this way when the original way was more balanced.

I apologize. Fabel told me in ingame chat about a week or two ago so I'm not able to get a pic. But your links are to bulbapedia, and bulbapedia is purely for games made by Nintendo for Nintendo systems (not PokeMMO), can you offer proof of where PokeMMO officials state magma armor/flame body are implemented into PokeMMO? And where did they state they will deal with the number of steps? I didn't think magma armor/flame body were actually implemented. And I don't remember reading that they will adjust the number of steps used. Again, I apologize.

I apologize. Fabel told me in ingame chat about a week or two ago so I'm not able to get a pic. But your links are to bulbapedia, and bulbapedia is purely for games made by Nintendo for Nintendo systems (not PokeMMO), can you offer proof of where PokeMMO officials state magma armor/flame body are implemented into PokeMMO? And where did they state they will deal with the number of steps? I didn't think magma armor/flame body were actually implemented. And I don't remember reading that they will adjust the number of steps used. Again, I apologize.

Magma Armor's overworld ability (being that it reduces the number of steps to hatch an egg) has not been implemented. Flame Body itself is not implemented.
Need I also state that they did implement a lot of stuff in this game the same way Nintendo did?

Current Ability Support
https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/12737-unofficial-current-ability-support/

Post from Darkshade about step issue is found in here. It is the 5th post in the thread.
https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/25728-breedingbiking-sucks-and-have-ruined-the-game-imo/

I'm currently in the process of writing up a guide to help those struggling with breeding.

We've also stated multiple times that we will be lowering the steps required for each egg cycle and including Magma Armour and Flame Body.

What we aren't going to do is quickly push out a half-done patch to cater to these two things.

So for awhile, the step count may remain a little high.

https://forums.pokem...breeding-guide/

Watch this space, updating as I go along.

Magma Armor's overworld ability (being that it reduces the number of steps to hatch an egg) has not been implemented. Flame Body itself is not implemented.Need I also state that they did implement a lot of stuff in this game the same way Nintendo did?Current Ability Supporthttps://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/12737-unofficial-current-ability-support/Post from Darkshade about step issue is found in here. It is the 5th post in the thread.https://forums.pokemmo.eu/index.php?/topic/25728-breedingbiking-sucks-and-have-ruined-the-game-imo/

Thank you for the link to darkshade stating they will lower the amount of steps it takes to lower hatching times. I wasn't able to find that. But this suggestion is just for when they decide to implement magma armor/flame body, as I thought they could adjust/alter the way it works. I was just thinking it would be an interesting mechanic.

Thank you for the link to darkshade stating they will lower the amount of steps it takes to lower hatching times. I wasn't able to find that. But this suggestion is just for when they decide to implement magma armor/flame body, as I thought they could adjust/alter the way it works. I was just thinking it would be an interesting mechanic.

I'm disputing that it wouldn't be interesting, but the thing is that the way Flame Body and Magma Armor work in the handhelds is more balanced and would make more people happy.

I'm disputing that it wouldn't be interesting, but the thing is that the way Flame Body and Magma Armor work in the handhelds is more balanced and would make more people happy.

I understand why it seems balanced, but I really feel like eggs closer to the magma armor/flame body pokemon would receive more warmth than eggs farther from the magma armor/flame body pokemon, and that that should impact the game somehow. So although it may not be BALANCED, it seems more LOGICAL in my opinion.

I understand why it seems balanced, but I really feel like eggs closer to the magma armor/flame body pokemon would receive more warmth than eggs farther from the magma armor/flame body pokemon, and that that should impact the game somehow. So although it may not be BALANCED, it seems more LOGICAL in my opinion.

Cutting the reduction of the steps needed for other eggs in the party makes no sense since most players will hatch 5 eggs at a time. Being able to sync hatching time is something that the players want. This would only serve to cause more threads like the one I linked you to.

The way I had designed it, no. Well, the fact that the egg would be sammiched by two magma armor/flame body pokemon means it would take 75% less steps. But it doesn't stack more than twice.

If it doesn't stack more than twice, then you would see a 150% reduction in the steps needed to hatch the egg. Therefore the egg would hatch almost instantly after placing it in such position.

If it doesn't stack more than twice, then you would see a 150% reduction in the steps needed to hatch the egg. Therefore the egg would hatch almost instantly after placing it in such position.

Well the cap is 75%. An egg next to a magma armor/flame body gets 50%, so I guess an egg next to two magma armor/flame body WOULD get 100%, but the limit is on 75.