New and with a few questions

Hey there, obviously from my forum name my names Matt I like pokemon bla bla bla, I wont bother giving you all the details just know that I am way too old to still be playing Pokemon (18) and I still remember playing on the original pokemon red back when I was a kid.

Enough of that though since I do have a few questions, or rather concerns, about PokeMMO.

Firstly I noticed when I began playing earlier today that there's alot of talk about breeding and something about Eevees and I kept noticing the same pokemon being sold over and over. It came across to me that this is similar to World of Warcraft where you just grind to get the best stats, in WoW you do Raids or PvP here it seems that you do breeding. Is this the case? 'Cause that seems to have just sucked half the fun out of pokemon for me.

Another concern I had is I did some background reading on the server and it appears that you lot don't have the cleanest of reputations. By that I mean the PokeMMO community has been called all manner of things that I would not repeat in front of my little sister, just how laid back is the community round here? I mean sure going for the win is all well and good but I'm not like that. I'd rather just catch and train a couple pokemon that I personally like then kick back with some friends. Would you say that this is one of those "Elite" gamer communities?

Breeding: Yes, breeding is currently one of the only endgames we have, alongside with competetive dueling and shiny trading.

Community: Yeah the community can be pretty toxic sometimes, keep in mind, you're playing pokemon with mostly 13-18 year old teenagers on the internet.

An elite community, not so much, but to properly play competetive for example you need good pokemons, which brings you back to the breeding point.

1) you just grind to get the best stats, in WoW you do Raids or PvP here it seems that you do breeding. Is this the case?

2) Another concern I had is I did some background reading on the server and it appears that you lot don't have the cleanest of reputations. By that I mean the PokeMMO community has been called all manner of things that I would not repeat in front of my little sister, just how laid back is the community round here?

1) There would be grinding in most pokemon games. How much grinding you put into it is up to you. Maybe you should just start off by doing a casual run through and see if you like it enough to hang around and put more time in afterwords.

2) People are a bit grouchy because there hasn't been an update in quite awhile. I think this is the longest we have ever gone without an update. There's been more heated discussions and stuff because of that, I think. However, In any forum you go to there are going to be trolls and some measure of drama over whatever. That is unavoidable. These forums in particular are not too bad. I played a shooter game before this. Compared to that, there are still elitist here (of course), but it's a smaller % of the community in my opinion.

edit: welcome to PokeMMO. :)

• 1 year later...